Competition Closing Date: 05-FEB-2021
From: RCAF AWC HQ
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - RCAF AWC HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, ASTRA, ON, K0K 3W0, CA (Actual Employment Location: 8 Wing/CFB Trenton, ON. Remote employment will be considered.)
A. CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL (CMP) INSTR 20/04, ADMIN POLICY OF CL A, B AND C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-10 OR CFAO 49-11 ENROLLMENT NCMS OR OFFICERS
C. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM(CFIRP)
D. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-15, AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
E. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-17, PROMOTION POLICY AIR RESERVE
F. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08, COMPONENT TRANSFER -EFFECT ON CFSA PENSION ENTITLEMENT
H. A-MD-154-000/FB-00 APPENDIX 1 AND 2, ANNEX E, MEDICAL STANDARDS FOR THE CF
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12, CHANGES TO ADMIN OF ANNUITANTS
J. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12, REVISED HIRING AND EMPLOY PRACTICES ANNUITANTS
- RCAF AWC HQ has a Class A for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 06-FEB-2021 until 06-FEB-2041. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
(a) RCAF Lessons Learned Staff Officer Course (AKNZ) [desirable];
(a) Experience in air operational and staff positions (desirable);
(b) Experience in higher headquarters (1 Cdn Air Div, 2 Cdn Air Div or CAF) [desirable]; and
(c) Experience in deployed operations (desirable).
- Basic description of duties: The Lessons Learned Staff Officer works as a member of the RCAF AWC Lessons Learned (LL) team to monitor and advise on the daily functioning of the RCAF Lessons Learned Programme (RCAF LLP).
The Lessons Learned Staff Officer is accountable to the Air and Space Power Development Centre (ASPDC) Programs Manager for:
a. supporting the technical implementation and functioning of the division and wing LL programmes through mentoring and guidance;
b. supporting RCAF operations and exercises as required;
c. maintaining visibility on current trends and change management occurring within the RCAF LLP;
d. researching and staffing LL reports and returns as required;
e. acting as the RCAF coordinator for science and technology (S&T) activities;
f. taking responsibility for management of RCAF S&T governance; and
g. performing other duties as assigned by the ASPDC Programs Manager.
Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the position found on the Terms of Accountabilty from OPI listed in para 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Lacroix , Lynn Valerie
- Position: 821513 - CASUAL APPOINTMENT/CASUAL APPOINTMENT
- Phone: 613-392-2811 x5431
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This employment will include approximately 12 days Class A per month with the possibility of surge to Class B to the authorized maximum within regulations.
B. Start date of employment is negotiable.
C. Should more than one identical candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the geographical area of Trenton.
D. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position;
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor; and
E. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15.
F. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
G. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nominations not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.