Competition Closing Date: 03-FEB-2021
From: RCAF AWC HQ
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - RCAF AWC HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, ASTRA, ON, K0K 3W0, CA (Actual Employment Location: 8 Wing/CFB Trenton. Remote employment will be considered.)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- RCAF AWC HQ has a Class A for a LCol/LCol MOS ID/Occupation 90023-AIR GEN to commence on 04-FEB-2021 until 04-FEB-2041. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: LCol/LCol
- MOS ID: 90023-AIR GEN
- Language: English or French essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Skills / Knowledge:
(1) Depth of experience with CAF / RCAF staff procedures;
(2) Experience with level 1 programs;
(3) Experience with GoC and NPF contracting;
(4) Experience with business planning;
(5) Experience with GoC outreach programs;
(6) Experience with commemoration events;
(7) Experience with CAF heritage activities;
(8) Experience with Museum NPF and CAF Museum policies;
(9) Experience with RCAF air power & air power history; and
(10) BA in history or related field (desirable).
- Basic description of duties: The BH RCAF H&H is responsible for assisting with the stewardship of the RCAF's HH Programs. Responsible for the supervision and administration of personnel and activities, the BH oversees Heritage, Museums and Commemoration Programs on behalf of RCAF HH PD. Also supports the History Program as required by the RCAF HH PD in the latter's dual capacity as RCAF Chief Historian. Remote employment will be considered with preference given to candidates in the National Capital Region or Trenton.
The BH RCAF H&H is responsible to the RCAF HH PD for the management and support of RCAF HH Programs, which includes:
a. Program development:
(1) Crafting requisite RCAF HH Program strategies, plans, and associated communication approaches;
(2) Developing the emerging RCAF HH Best Practices and Tools Program;
(3) Re-invigorating the RCAF Heritage Program;
(4) Supporting RCAF Centennial Planning and related activities;
b. Program management and delivery:
(1) Managing and coordinating RCAF HH governance activities;
(2) Managing and executing the RCAF Museum Program;
(3) Managing and executing the RCAF Commemoration Program;
(4) Managing and executing the RCAF Heritage Program; and
(5) Providing support to the History Program;
c. Supervision of RCAF HH personnel;
d. Administrative efficiency of the office of RCAF HH and Programs;
e. Providing assistance to the wider RAWC program of work; and
f. Performing other duties as assigned by the RCAF HH PD.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Lacroix , Lynn Valerie
- Position: 821513 - CASUAL APPOINTMENT/CASUAL APPOINTMENT
- Phone: 613-392-2811 x5431
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This employment will include approximately 12 days Class A per month with the possibility of surge to Class B to the authorized maximum within regulations.
B. Start date of employment is negotiable.
C. Should more than one identical candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the geographical area of Trenton.
D. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s);
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor; and
E. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15.
F. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
G. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nominations not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.