Competition Closing Date: 28-JAN-2021
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Winnipeg MB, Remote employment will be considered.)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- C Air Force has a Class B Temporary for a Lt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00328-02-LOG - AIR to commence on 25-SEP-2020 until 31-JAN-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Lt/Capt
Lts eligible for immediate promotion to Capt will be considered. Lts not eligible for immediate promotion to Capt will be considered if no other suitable applicants apply. Majs willing to permanently relinquish their rank to Capt will be considered if no other suitable applicants apply. Position is also appropriate for individuals approved for in-service commissioning programs into the Log-Air occupation.
- MOS ID: 00328-02-LOG - AIR
Must hold the Financial Management Specialty (AIHM) or Financial Services Specialty (AIHS) or be undergoing this training.
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. LOG OFFR - FIN 
- Competency Remarks:
- Highly effective research, writing and oral communications skills.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Experience with MS Office software applications especially WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint;
Knowledge of CAF financial policies and financial management regulations;
Knowledge of DRMIS;
Knowledge of Operational Funding Account (OFA) policies;
Knowledge of the RCAF Reserve organization and establishment;
Familiarization with financial inspections or audits;
Knowledge of RPSR; and
Experience as a Staff officer in HHQ.
- Basic description of duties: The position of D Air Res 4-5-3 exists to support D Air Res 4-5 with the financial management of Reserve funds allocated to the RCAF Reserve. This includes assisting with the management of the C127, C137 512 and C178 512 allocations; analyzing Reserve Monthly Budget Reports and cash forecasts; resolving Reserve Pay anomalies; and liaising with the Air Reserve Flights on financial issues.
Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the position found on the Terms of Accountabilty from OPI listed in para 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Woodruff , Natalie
- Position: 080442 - D AIR RES 4-5/A4 AR COMPT
- Phone: 204-833-2500 x6021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Start date of employment is negotiable.
B. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor.
C. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15.
D. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
E. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nomination not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.