Competition Closing Date: 28-AUG-2020
From: RCAF AWC HQ
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - RCAF AWC HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, ASTRA, ON, K0K 3W0, CA (Actual Employment Location: 8 Wing/CFB Trenton, ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- RCAF AWC HQ has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 31-AUG-2020 until 22-MAY-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- The APDC Coord is accountable to the APDC commanding officer (CO) for:
(A) managing assigned projects and updating the APDC programme of work accordingly;
(B) managing the RCAF FDMT, including providing regular updates, prioritizing activities, soliciting feedback, coordinating with RCAF HQ staff as well as with other internal and external agencies and providing continuous improvement activities for FD management;
(C) developing and delivering RCAF APDC strategies to facilitate improved effectiveness, efficiency and organizational learning;
(D) advising the CO on relevant governance, doctrine, policy standards and procedures;
(E) assisting the APDC deputy commanding officer (DCO) with routine and non-routine activities that are required by a formed unit (e.g., business plan, finance, PERs, RCAF AWC CUB, RCAF CUB);
(F) participating in APDC events, as required (i.e., conferences, working groups, meetings with allied/academic/industry partners, experiments, and innovation activities), which may include event-planning activities;
(G) reviewing staff work from APDC branches prior to final submission to the CO;
(H) ensuring effective, expeditious and accurate movement of staff work up and down the chain of command;
(I) overseeing and contributing to the preparation of reports and deliverables;
(J) coordinating the preparation and delivery of briefings;
(K) designing, developing and implementing internal administrative processes as required;
(I) liaising with agencies internal and external to DND; and
(M) working independently to meet assigned deliverables and deadlines.
- Basic description of duties: The APDC Coord is assigned to the APDC at the RCAF AWC at 8 Wing Trenton, Ontario. The APDC Coord is responsible for coordinating the reports and returns of the APDC as well as supporting RCAF force development (FD) and force generation activities. The APDC Coord is also responsible for managing the RCAF Force Development Management Tool (FDMT), which is used to track RCAF FD activities.
Applicants may obtain further amplification and/or details of the position found on the terms of accountabilty (TOA) from OPI listed in para 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Muirhead , Yvonne
- Position: 063782 - ADMIN OFFICER/D AIR PM&S 2-4
- Phone: 613-392-2811 x4670
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Start date of employment is negotiable.
B. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor.
C. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15.
D. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
E. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nomination not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.