Competition Closing Date: 08-OCT-2020
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Carling Campus, 60 moddie Drive, Ottawa, Ontario)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- C Air Force has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90015-AIR GEN to commence on 22-AUG-2020 until 15-SEP-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
- MOS ID: 90015-AIR GEN
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Aerospace Systems Course (ASC);
B. Broad understanding of the RCAF, Chief of the Air Staff (C Air Force) organization and its interaction with other DND Level 1 organizations;
C. Familiarity with the Defence Services Program (DSP) and the DND acquisition process; and
D. Knowledge of computer software commonly used.
- Basic description of duties: Director Air Programs (D Air Prog) is responsible to the Director General Air Force Development (DG Air FD) for providing advice, recommendations, plans and policy for the strategic management of Air Force capital resources, and for the timely and cost effective refurbishment or replacement of operational equipment vital to maintaining a combat capable, multi-purpose Air Force. Air Concepts 5 is responsible to D Air Prog for supporting the Force Development Campaign Plan, Canadian Forces Air Warfare Centre concepts development and experimentation activities, Conceive-Design-Build-Manage activities and other Air Concept activities.
Applicants may obtain further amplification and/or details of the position found on the terms of accountabilty (TOA) from OPI listed in para 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Gagnon , Jean-Philippe
- Position: 063673 - DIRECTOR AIR PROGRAMS/DAR 8 (DAR PROG)
- Phone: 613-901-2767
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Start date of employment is negotiable.
B. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor.
C. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15.
D. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
E. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nomination not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.