Competition Closing Date: 01-OCT-2020
From: CFB Gander Det Torbay
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Gander Det Torbay - PO BOX 2028 STN C, ST JOHN S, NL, A1C 6B5, CA (Actual Employment Location: CFS St John's)
A. CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL (CMP) INSTR 20/04, ADMIN POLICY OF CL A, B AND C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-5 - CAREER POLICY NON COMISSIONED MEMBERS - PRIMARY RESERVE
C. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM (CFIRP), ADDENDUM 9, CHAPTER 13
D. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-15, AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
E. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-17, PROMOTION - AIR RESERVE
F. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08 - COMPONENT TRANSFER - EFFECT ON CFSA PENSION BENEFIT ENTITLEMENT
H. A-MD-154-000/FP-000 ANNEX 3 APPENDIX 1
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12
J. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12
- CFB Gander Det Torbay has a Class A for a Cpl/Cpl MOS ID/Occupation 00135-02-AVN TECH - JR to commence on 01-SEP-2020 until 01-AUG-2040. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Cpl/Cpl
-Applicants already holding the advertised rank, who meet all of the essential requirements advertised for the position; or
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are eligible for promotion to substantive or acting lacking rank of the position and meet all the essential requirements advertised for the position.
-Applicants already holding the advertised rank, who do not meet all of the essential requirements advertised for the position;
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are not eligible for promotion but meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position; or
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are eligible for promotion but do not meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position.
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are not eligible for promotion and do not meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position.
-Applicants who are over the established rank of the position, who meet all the essential qualifications willing to relinquish rank to the substantive rank of the position.
- MOS ID: 00135-02-AVN TECH - JR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: A. Utilizing AF9000+ Quality control techniques and activities
B. Perform flight line duties, ie Marshalling, towing, install and remove power, load, off load, etc.
C. Maintain AMSE equipment
D. General Hanger Flight Line duties as directed
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Sgt Kieley , Sandra
- Position: 077012 - AR FLT CHIEF CLK/CHIEF CLK
- Phone: 709-733-3800
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Candidate selection will be IAW AFO 5006-15, RCAF Reserve Employment Selection Processes.
Former members of the Reg F and former or current members of the Res F in receipt of an annuity from CFSA who wish to serve on a period of continuous full time reserve service shall be subject to the annuitant reserve service policy outlined at CMP Instr 20/04 para 2.13. CF members should consult with the Director Canadian Forces Pension Services (DCFPS) prior to making any decision or election in order to fully understand the potential implications resulting from the Res Svc.
Interested candidates must forward a signed copy of their MPRR, personal resume and covering letter describing their qualifications and experience.
Applications must include the following info:
a. current establishment position number, parent unit and UIC;
b. date of promotion to current rank;
c. security clearance level and date;
d. date and category of last medical and any medical employment limitations;
e. Force FIT completion date or date scheduled to be tested;
f. confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to Regular Force or Reserve Force service;
g. any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc.);
h. nominees work and home phone number; and
i. two references and associated contact information.
Applications will be accepted directly or through REO and can be forwarded to:
a. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. regular mail :
Air Reserve Flight Torbay,
PO Box 2028 Stn Main
St John's NL A1C 6B5
ATTN: AR Flt Recruiter
For additional information contact WO H Fillatre, 709-733-3811