Competition Closing Date: 10-AUG-2020
From: RCAF AWC HQ
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - RCAF AWC HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, ASTRA, ON, K0K 3W0, CA (Actual Employment Location: Trenton (RCAF AWC))
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Service
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- RCAF AWC HQ has a Class A for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 25-JUL-2020 until 25-JUL-2040. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
(1) Experience with Department of National Defence / RCAF staff procedures;
(2) Experience with Government of Canada / non-public contracting processes;
(3) Awareness of Canadian Forces / RCAF policy and procedures dealing with ceremony, honours and awards;
(4) Experience with organizing public events;
(5) Military occupation code qualified; and
(6) Preferred Bachelor of Arts in history or a related field.
Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the position found on the Terms of Accountability (TOA) from OPI listed in Para 7.
- Basic description of duties: The RCAF Heritage Staff Officer (HSO) is responsible to the RCAF History and Heritage (H&H) Branch Head for assisting with the RCAF's emerging Heritage Program and the Museum Enterprise Program. This includes assisting with the coordination of an enterprise comprised of 10 accredited RCAF museums and heritage activities, such as colors renewal-program coordination, the naming of works/buildings as well as activities related to war casualty and artifact recovery. In addition, the HSO will provide staff support and coordination to the RCAF commemorative program and related activities. As a member of the broader H&H team, the HSO will also assist RCAF historians and lessons learned officers with incorporating RCAF historical experience within the broader aspects of RCAF professional and operational development. To this end, the HSO will help RCAF historians with researching, writing, promulgating and presenting the history program, which may include participation in various workshops, staff-assistance visits and limited presentations on H&H initiatives.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Patterson , Mark
- Position: 080164 - DEPUTY RCAF HISTORY & HERITAGE/AUG SP
- Phone: 613-392-2811 x5320
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This employment will include approximately 12 days Class A per month with the possibility of surge to Class B to the authorized maximum within regulations.
B. Start date of employment is negotiable.
C. Should more than one identical candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the geographical area of Trenton.
D. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor.
E. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15:
F. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
G. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nominations not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.