Competition Closing Date: 04-AUG-2020
From: 1 CRPG
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 1 CRPG - PO BOX 6666 STN MAIN, YELLOWKNIFE, NT, X1A 2R3, CA (Actual Employment Location: Yellowknife, NWT)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- 1 CRPG has a Class B Permanent for a MCpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 00376-01-FSA, or 00375-01-HRA to commence on 01-SEP-2020 until 31-AUG-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/MCpl
Under/Over ranking shall only be used in exceptional circumstances, where no established rank qualified candidate is found suitable by a Board Report and approved by Div HQ. Higher rank will relinquish rank for the duration of the emp pd.
- MOS ID: 00376-01-FSA, or 00375-01-HRA
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- - Comprehensive understanding of administrative procedures;
- Knowledge of DRMIS, Excel, Claims-X web, RPSR, NRIMS, Monitor Mass, and CFTPO; and
- Knowledge with Pay and Travel benefits.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: GENERAL:
The primary responsibility of 2IC Fin is to provide financial management services and to act as a supervisor under the direction of the IC FIN. The main activities are: initiating and finalizing claims, monitoring expenditures, reconciling credit cards, issuing travel authorisation numbers (TAN) and generating financial reports.
The Finance/Verification FSA is responsible to Finance Supervisor, specified duties include:
a. Administer the budget of SSO PERS/PCC(Q), SSO EX & PERS READ, SSO TRG, NRTSC, NBNR and Naval Museum and problem solving:
1) Verify integrity of DRMIS transactions into SSO PERS/PCC(Q), SSO EX & PERS READ, SSO TRG, NRTSC, NBNR and Naval Museum budget;
2) Be aware of OPIs to be able to distribute TANs and fin code to appropriate persons or entities;
3) Liaise with NRDs to solve problems; and
4) Report errors adequately to improve our tools and systems.
b. Verify expenses, track budget and execute System Adjustment (SA) in DRMIS:
1) Find and associate fin codes with no internal order;
2) Find and associate fin codes with wrong fund;
3) Find and associate fin codes with wrong internal order;
4) Find and associate fin codes with wrong cost center;
5) Assure the right general ledger is used;
6) Assure the pay is adequately registered in the right fin code at the start and end of the contract;
7) Assure that O&M (TAN, claims, etc.) are registered in the right fin code within respectable delays (30 days); and
8) Consolidate all NRETS activities with DRMIS.
c. Distribute TANs and assure follow-up.
d. Verify BMO reports:
1) Monitor expenditures in DRMIS;
2) Reconcile car holder monthly statements;
3) Bill appropriate cost centers or internal orders; and
4) Make System Expenditures (SE) in DRMIS.
e. Itemized reports (IR) management and verification:
1) Assure that all NRDs submit their IRs on time;
2) Keep track of NRETS expenditures; and
3) Consolidate DRMIS information with IRs.
f. Assure that all information concords in appropriate systems such as:
3) NRIMS Oracle Budget;
5) Claims-X web;
6) Monitor Mass; and
g. Assure good functioning of the cell:
1) Provide customer service. Read, find, solve, reply to questions received in the +N14 e-mail;
2) Solve pay and claims issues by communicating (e-mail preferred) with NRDs;
3) Assure follow-up and reimbursement of expenses with other entities;
4) Report to Financial Supervisor any financial issues with DRMIS and/or HRG services; and
5) Understand and seek information IOT be able to manage all programs used and keep educating cell members on changes.
h. Be able to prepare financial reports or generate statistics when required using DRMIS and Excel.
i. Understand the responsibilities of the others CPL FSA of the section in order to be able to answers questions and to deal with priorities when they are away.
j. Perform other duties as tasked by Finance Supervisor
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: PWGSC Housing may be available for both married and single members.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt THOMPSON , Rachael
- Position: 399754 - OPERATIONS OFFICER/OPERATIONS OFFICER
- Phone: 867-873-0700 x6758
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: - Mbr must complete Isolated and Semi-Isolated posts screening prior to full time as per CANFORGEN 177/05. Isolated and Semi-Isolated checklist can be found at http://cmpapp.mil.ca/dgmc/pub/forms-formulaires/docs/iupchklst-ldcaui-eng.pdf.
- Covering letter listing quals and exp.
- Pers refs
- Must Pass RCMP CPIC (Compensation Program Integrity and Compliance) with VSS (Vunerable sector screening)