Competition Closing Date: 07-AUG-2020
From: RCAF AWC HQ
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - RCAF AWC HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, ASTRA, ON, K0K 3W0, CA (Actual Employment Location: Trenton ON)
A. Chief Military Personnel (CMP) Instr 20/04, Admin Policy of Cl B, B and C Res Svc.
B. CFAO 49-11, Terms of Svc Primary Reserve Non-Commissioned Members
C. Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program (CFIRP), Addendum 9, Chapter 13
D. Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes AFO 5006-15
E. Air Reserve Promotion Policy ACO 5006-17
F. DAOD 5023-2 Physical Fitness Program
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 Adm Fin CS 001/08 232003z Jan 08 - Component transfer - effect on CFSA pension benefit entitlement
H. A-MD-154-000/FP-000 Annex 3 Appendix 1
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z Apr 12
J. C Air Force 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z Apr 12
- RCAF AWC HQ has a Class B Temporary for a MWO/MWO MOS ID/Occupation 00337-01-AC OP - AERO OP to commence on 08-JUN-2020 until 30-SEP-2022. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MWO/MWO
This position is established at the rank of MWO. WO not eligible for promotion will be considered should no other suitable applicants be available.
- MOS ID: 00337-01-AC OP - AERO OP
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
(1) AIBI - Operational Test and Evaluation Project Officer Course;
(2) Aerospace Systems Program (ASP); or
(3) qualified operator.
(1) experience in flight test and evaluation;
(2) experience in project management;
(3) experience in air operations;
(4) experience with ground air ground radios;
(5) experience with aerospace systems equipment in air traffic and air defence roles;
(6) strong communication, writing, organization and team skills;
(7) university degree or acceptable work experience;
(8) excellent verbal and written communicator who is personable in both military and civilian settings; and
(9) experience and knowledge regarding emergent technological aerospace trends.
- Basic description of duties: AEROTEF Proj O AERO is responsible for the conduct and progress of assigned operational test and evaluation projects.
Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the position found on the Terms of Accountability (TOA) from OPI listed in Para 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Muirhead , Yvonne
- Position: 063782 - ADMIN OFFICER/D AIR PM&S 2-4
- Phone: 613-392-2811 x4670
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Start date of employment is negotiable.
B. Should more than one identical candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the geographical area of Trenton.
C. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor.
D. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15;
E. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
F. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nominations not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.