Competition Closing Date: 05-JUN-2020
From: RCAF AWC HQ
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - RCAF AWC HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, ASTRA, ON, K0K 3W0, CA (Actual Employment Location: 8 Wing/CFB Trenton or Shirley's Bay, ON, geographically remote may be considered position dependent )
REFS: A. CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL (CMP) INSTR 20/04, ADMIN POLICY OF CL A, B AND C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-10 OR CFAO 49-11 ENROLLMENT NCMS OR OFFICERS
C. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM(CFIRP)
D. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-15, AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
E. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-17, PROMOTION POLICY AIR RESERVE
F. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08, COMPONENT TRANSFER -EFFECT ON CFSA PENSION ENTITLEMENT
H. A-MD-154-000/FB-00 APPENDIX 1 AND 2, ANNEX E, MEDICAL STANDARDS FOR THE CF
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12, CHANGES TO ADMIN OF ANNUITANTS
J. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12, REVISED HIRING AND EMPLOY PRACTICES ANNUITANTS
- RCAF AWC HQ has a Class A for a MWO/MWO MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 06-JUN-2020 until 06-JUN-2040. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MWO/MWO
-Applicants already holding the advertised rank, who meet all of the essential requirements advertised for the position; or
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are eligible for promotion to substantive or acting lacking rank of the position and meet all the essential requirements advertised for the position.
-Applicants already holding the advertised rank, who do not meet all of the essential requirements advertised for the position;
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are not eligible for promotion but meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position; or
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are eligible for promotion but do not meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position.
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are not eligible for promotion and do not meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position.
-Applicants who are over the established rank of the position, who meet all the essential qualifications willing to relinquish rank to the substantive rank of the position.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Specialist knowledge and experience in at least one of the following streams:
(1)Operations/Project Coordination (Shirley's Bay):
(a) experience coordinating routine and cross section / unit activities;
(b) experience providing support and coordination of a unit's programme of work; and
(c) one or more of the following:
i. experience coordinating Canadian Forces Task Plans and Operations tasks;
ii. experience reviewing staff work;
iii. experience with air-related programme management;
iv. experience developing business plans and managing complex schedules; and/or
v. familiarity with the RCAF Lessons Learned Programme.
(2) Information Management (Shirley's Bay):
(a) experience with information management; or
(b) experience in the field of information systems security.
(3) Advanced Air Warfare (Trenton, Shirley's Bay or Remote):
i. advanced tactical air, space or cyber experience; or
ii. experience developing air, space or cyber tactics;
(b) as well as one of the following:
i. experience producing documents, reports, papers and/or research notes;
ii. staff experience; or
iii. familiarity with test and evaluation.
(4) Intelligence (Trenton):
(a) experience conducting analytics as well as developing and producing analytical products;
(b) understanding of and familiarity with air threat-environment analysis; and
(c) domestic and/or expeditionary operational experience and/or experience working with/within an allied/coalition environment.
(5) Air Exercises and Operational Event Management (Trenton, Shirley's Bay or Remote):
(a) experience with air operations and related force-generation requirements; and
(b) experience in one or more of the following:
i. distributed mission training, simulation-enabled / virtual collective training exercises;
ii. experience with air occupational training; and/or
iii. familiarity with test and evaluation.
(6) Modelling and Simulation Support (Shirley's Bay or Remote):
(a) experience with distributed mission training; and/or
(b) experience with simulation-enabled / virtual collective training exercises.
(7) Force Development (Trenton, Shirley's Bay or Remote):
(a) experience participating in working groups and/or producing documents, reports, papers and/or research notes; and
(b) one or more of the following:
i. familiarity with and knowledge of major capital-procurement processes through Assistant Deputy Minister (Materiel);
ii. experience with project management and/or contracting;
iii. experience with information management; and/or
iv. experience with air operations and related force-employment requirements.
(8) Support (Trenton or Shirley's Bay):
(a) experience in human resources, financial management and/or unit discipline, morale and welfare;
(b) experience leading small teams;
(c) strong communication skills; and
(d) proficiency in one or more of the following:
i. civilian as well as military disciplinary and administrative procedures;
ii. Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) administrative and financial policies and procedures, including the Defence Resource Management Information System; or
iii. Res F administration policies, procedures, hiring practices, and support.
- Basic description of duties: Bring your talent to the RCAF AWC Air and Space Integration Programme (ASIP). ASIP offers several Class A positions for master warrant officer (MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR) specialist and support functions that are to commence immediately. This is an innovative inventory process that will be used to fill current and future vacancies. This advertisement includes eight streams, so please read closely. Applicants included in the inventory may be pulled for review based on screening criteria and a cyclical selection process. Management can decide to access applicants at any point, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
The RCAF AWC will be increasing its advanced warfare integration and force generation support capabilities through a new programme, ASIP.
ASIP, as well as its Weapons & Advanced Tactics and Exercise & Simulation sub-components, aims to support the integration of diverse air, land, sea, special operations, space, cyber and intelligence capabilities in preparation for the complex planning, dynamic control, and successful execution of RCAF mission sets in challenging threat environments. In concert with key allies, scientific and engineering specialists from across the CAF / Department of National Defence, Carleton University's virtual simulation laboratory, industry, and joint CAF partners, our team is involved in a number of exciting projects such as:
a. analysing adversary capabilities and tactics;
b. developing an advanced air and space warfare and tactics education programme;
c. developing and implementing the use of state-of-the-art virtual proving grounds for the purpose of tactics and advanced warfare capability development;
d. supporting RCAF operations and related operational planning with scientific and evidenced- based analysis;
e. enabling national and multinational collective training using live, synthetic, and blended environments;
f. enabling cutting edge technology innovation and further development of RCAF training capabilities via an augmented-reality / virtual reality center of excellence; and
g. supporting future capability planning of key RCAF transformational projects such as the future fighter aircraft, remotely piloted aircraft, future aircrew training, and related RCAF operational training infrastructure requirements.
ASIP offers exciting ResF employment opportunities, utilizing a modernized approach to ResF staffing and maintaining a flexible and inclusive team environment. Join ASIP in supporting the RCAF of today and tomorrow!
Applicants may obtain further clarification and details of the positions available from the OPI listed in paragraph 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Bolduc , Marie
- Position: 008602 - ASIP D/ DIRECTOR/ASIP D/ DIRECTOR
- Phone: 613-392-2811 x5470
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: a. This employment will include approximately 12 days Class A per month with the possibility of surge to Class B to the authorized maximum within regulations.
b. Start date of employment is negotiable.
c. Should more than one identical candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the geographical area of Trenton or Shirley's Bay, position dependent.
d. Applicants must provide:
(1) a personal résumé, which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) a cover letter, which includes:
(a) a description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
(b) contact information for two personal references, including one current or former supervisor.
e. The selection process will be in accordance with Air Force Order 5006-15.
f. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.
g. Notwithstanding the requirement stated at para 6, nominations not processed through REO will be considered by the Ottawa Air Reserve Flight Commander.