Competition Closing Date: 05-JUN-2020
From: 404 (LRP&T) Sqn
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - 404 (LRP&T) Sqn - PO BOX 5000 STN MAIN, GREENWOOD, NS, B0P 1N0, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CFAO 49-5 - Career Policy Non Commissioned Members - Primary Reserve
G. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-15, Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes
H. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-17, Promotion - Air Reserve
I. CANFORGEN 018/08 Adm Fin CS 001/08 232003z Jan 08 - Component Transfer - Effect On CFSA Pension Benefit Entitlement
J. A-MD-154-000/FP-000 ANNEX 3 APPENDIX 1
K. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12
L. C Air Force 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z Apr 12
- 404 (LRP&T) Sqn has a Class A for a MCpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 90005-AIR TECH to commence on 22-MAY-2020 until 20-MAY-2040. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/MCpl
APPLICANTS WHO ARE ONE RANK LOWER, ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE PROMOTION AND INDIVIDUALS ONE RANK HIGHER WILLING TO PERMANENTLY RELINQUISH THEIR RANK WILL BE CONSIDERED. INDIVIDUALS ONE RANK LOWER AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE PROMOTION MAY APPLY IAW PARA 9.
- MOS ID: 90005-AIR TECH
AVN Tech preferred
- Language: English or French essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- 1. CP 140 AVN On-aircraft Maintenance course (ALCY) or Pre-AOE CP 140 Propulsion Systems On-aircraft Maintenance Course(AHUY) and/or Pre-AOE CP 140 Flight Systems On-aircraft Maintenance Course (AHTE);
2. Basic Instructional Techniques course (AHCH);
3. Level A authorization in core Authorization Building Blocks (ABBs) for their respective Qualification code; and
4. be an authorized Technical Assessor.
5. NOTE: If member is not currently Level A or Technical Assessor authorized, member shall undertake the steps to gain, or regain, Level A and Technical Assessor authorizations.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Advanced Instructional Techniques (AIMU);
B. CP 140 Power Plant Analysis course (AFRQ);
C. Test Designer course (AKLY);
D. Instructor Supervisor course (AHCJ);
E. Small Group Facilitator course (AJUZ); and
F. CP 140 Corrosion Control course (AGON)
- Basic description of duties: Member will be responsible for instruction/conduct of theory and practical portions of the CP 140 AVN On-aircraft Maintenance course (ALCY) and Power Plant Analysis Course (AFRQ) including performing Performance of Maintenance (POM) authorization assessments. TOR/SOD identifies all related responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO Nixon , Patrick
- Position: 050306 - AM UNIT QUALITY MGR/STDS TECH
- Phone: 902-765-1494 x3693
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. All Class A positions are part-time employment. However, there is the possibility of up to 180 days Class B (surge) employment each fiscal year dependent upon operational requirements, funding availability and availability of sufficient Full-Time Equivalent (FTE).
B. Should more than one identical most suitable candidate be identified by the selection board, consideration will be given to the candidate residing in the local geographical area of Greenwood.
C. MPRR/Resume/Cover Letter to be provided with application in REO
D. Selection process will be IAW ACOs 5006-15/5006-17 and will be considered in the fol component/rank order:
(1) Air Res, Air DEU P Res & Air DEU Reg Force pers at the substantive rank of the position; Air Res & Air DEU P Res pers one rank below the rank of the postion, who are eligible for immediate promotion;
(2) Reg Force pers, other P Res pers, members of the Cadet Organizations Administration and Training Service (COATS), Canadian Rangers (CR) and Supplementary Reserve (Supp Res) at the substantive rank of the position, willing to transfer to the Air Reserve and change environmental affiliation if selected; and
(3) P Res or Reg Force pers over-ranked by one rank, willing to permanently relinquist their rank. Shall only be considered in those exceptional cases where no qualified category A or B candidate is available.
E. Should no suitable candidate from para 2 be found, the fol selection prioritization will be used: mbr one rank below but not eligible for immediate promotion in order of:
(1) Air Res, Air DEU P Res and Air DEU Reg Force pers; and
(2) Reg Force pers, other P Res pers, members of the COATS, CR and Supp Res, willing to transfer to the Air Res and change environmental affiliation if selected.