Competition Closing Date: 19-JUN-2020
From: CFB Moose Jaw
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CFB Moose Jaw - PO BOX 5000 STN MAIN, MOOSE JAW, SK, S6H 7Z8, CA (Actual Employment Location: Bldg 115)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. AFO 5006-15 - Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes
G. AFO 5006-17 - Air Reserve Promotion Policy
- CFB Moose Jaw has a Class B Temporary for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00184-01-AEC, or 00184-04-AEC to commence on 05-MAR-2020 until 31-JAN-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Captain (Lieutenant's eligible for promotion to Captain may apply. Major's willing to permanently relinquish their rank to Captain may apply but will be considered lowest priority and will only be considered should no eligible/suitable candidate be found. Option 1 annuitants may apply as stated in para 2.H)
- MOS ID: 00184-01-AEC, or 00184-04-AEC
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. VISUAL FLIGHT RULES VFR - CT 
- Competency (Qualifications):
- 1. AERODROME CONTROL [AFHN]
- Competency Remarks:
- The Aerodrome Controller is to perform at and maintain a high level of trade proficiency and competency.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: Controlling air and ground traffic by applying the rules and procedures contained in MATS and in other publications as listed in B-GA-164-000/AA-001;
1) assuming the duties and responsibilities of the SS MACU, when required;
2) ensuring proper configuration of the Inner and Outer control positions;
3) informing the SS MACU of any unusual occurrences;
4) assisting in the training of personnel IAW the 15 Wg ATC OTP;
5) performing the daily aerodrome inspection, ensuring the deficiencies noted are actioned and logged; and
6) performing other assigned duties.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: YES
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Macisaac , Darren
- Position: 008075 - WATCO/WATCO
- Phone: 826-2290
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Selection Priority shall be given to Option 2 applicants. The hiring of an Option 1 applicant shall be subject to the approval of an Annuitant Exception.
Candidate selection will be based on AFO 5006-15 Air Reserve Employment Selection Process.
Interested candidates must forward a copy of their current MPRR, Personal Resume and covering letter describing their qualifications and experience IAW requirements above. Submissions may be made via mail, email at QUOTE Clifford.Conrad@forces.gc.ca UNQUOTE or Fax to: MWO C. Conrad, 15 Wg AR D/Flt Comd, 306-694-2863, CSN 826-2863, Fax 306-694-2859, CSN 826-2859, 15 Wing Air Reserve Flight, PO Box 5000, Moose Jaw, SK, S6H 7Z8
Applications must include the following info if more up to date than the MPRR:
A. Current Establishment (Quote PEOPLESOFT Unquote) position number, Parent Unit and UIC.
B. Date of promotion to current rank.
C. Security Clearance Level and date.
D. CF FORCE completion date or date scheduled to be tested.
E. Linguistic abilities and, if available, testing dates.
F. Confirmation of whether or not mbr is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attriutted to Reg F or Res F Svc.
G. Date and category of last medical and any medical limitations.
H. Covering letter describing mbr's qualifications and experirence IAW requirements listed above.
I. Minimum two references.
If more than one suitable candidate submits their applications, consideration will be given to personnel residing in the local geographic area.