Competition Closing Date: 07-AUG-2020
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CACSC - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, KINGSTON, ON, K7K 7B4, CA (Actual Employment Location: Kingston, ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CACSC has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 00341-01-FIELD SIGS to commence on 06-APR-2020 until 05-APR-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Capt eligible for promotion to Maj may apply, but will only be considered should no candidate at the Maj rank apply and be found suitable.
- MOS ID: 00341-01-FIELD SIGS
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- 1. Army Operations Course (AOC);
2. Proficiency in the planning, coordination, implementation, day-to-day operations, and maintenance of the Land Command Support System (LCSS) network;
3. Experience with Communications and Information Systems (CIS) planning and execution processes and workflows within a unit or formation headquarters is essential;
4. Experience is CIS capability development and project management;
5. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office products;
6. Proficiency in military writing is essential; and
7. Experience briefing and interacting with senior officers.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- 1. Basic user familiarization of LCSS is desirable.
2. Experience overseeing the development of course packages (eg. Qualification Standards, Training Plans, course curriculum) is desirable.
3. Experience working in a training establishment and administering and instructing on CAF courses is desirable.
4. Experience participating in Working Groups, particularly of a technical nature in the field of capability development, is desirable.
5. Knowledge of Information Management Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (IM TTPs) is desirable.
6. Qualifications earned: Information and Knowledge Management Staff (IKMS; NQual ALKG, MITE 12170) course or Information Management Officer (IMO: NQual AJTA, MITE Code: 118121) courses are desirable.
7. Qualifications to be gained while in this position:
a. Staffing for Managers;
b. Staffing Sub-Delegation;
c. Introduction to Organization and Classification;
d. Performance Management for Government of Canada;
e. Phoenix Self-Service for Managers; and
f. Phoenix Pay Training for Managers.
- Basic description of duties: GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
LCSS Coord reports directly to the OIC Comd Sp, acting as 2IC of Comd Sp Group and may be the direct supervisor of the IM FCOE Dev Offr. The LCSS Coord should be knowledgeable with the Land Command Support System, its governance, and how it is structured and deployed as well as familiar with IM doctrine including IM TTPs.
DUTIES AND TASKS
1. As LCCS Coord:
a. Collaborate with Directorate of Land Command and Information (DLCI), Directorate Land Command Systems Project Management (DLCSPM), Directorate Land Requirements (DLR), and CADTC G5 and G6 staff on the fielding, operation and maintenance of the College's LCSS network;
b. Provide guidance and direction to the other Command Support sub-sections, the CACSC IM section and the CACSC AOC and PRAOC staff members in all matters pertaining to the operation and maintenance of the CACSC's LCSS environment; and
c. Advise the Officer in Charge (OIC) Command Support and CACSC senior leadership on LCSS and wider CIS matters.
2. As a member of the IM FCOE Cell (Information Management):
a. Update, publish and maintain the set of land tactical IM Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) as it relates to Level 6 and 7 headquarters operations;
b. When required, represent, within capacity, the Functional Centre of Excellence (FCoE) at America Britain Canada Australia New Zealand (ABCANZ) Program Team Working Groups and other events pertaining to land tactical IM policies, directives and TTPs; and
c. When required, oversee activities related to the Tactical Information Management Team Course (TIMTC) and Army Battle Management Course (ABMC).
3. As 2IC of the Command Support Group:
a. Advise and assist OIC Command Support in all aspects of day-to-day leadership of Command Support personnel and management of Command Support resources; and
b. Be prepared to assume command of the Command Support Group, as required.
4. Attend Orders Groups (O Gps), Coordination Meetings, Staff Meetings, Working Groups, Conferences and other collaborative sessions, as required.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. 1. IR/SE will not be authorized IAW CANFORGEN 145/12 CMP 063/12 301435Z JUL 12; and
2. This posn is not 100 % in support of P Res.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt VanTol , Simon
- Position: 339387 - ADJT/ADJT
- Phone: 613-541-5010 x3290
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: 1. Employment preference will be given to suitable candidates who are located within the geographical boundaries for CFB Kingston;
2. Only applicants that pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview. Members selected for an interview will be subjected to a questionnaire which incorporates a weighted-score which is used in order to facilitate objective candidate evaluation;
3. A cover letter, a résumé/CV with emphasis on skills, and a current Guardian MPRR are to be attached to nomination through REO/Monitor Mass; a cover letter and résumé/CV submitted with application must include any information more current than that displayed on MPRR. Ensure any qualification or training pertinent to this position is also highlighted in accompanying cover letter to ensure the Selection Board receives full disclosure of any valid information; and
4. Applicant's med cat, physical fitness and security clearance must be current and at the required level for this REO;