Competition Closing Date: 07-AUG-2020
From: CADTC HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CADTC HQ - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, KINGSTON, ON, K7K 7B4, CA (Actual Employment Location: Kingston Ont)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CADTC HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 10-AUG-2020 until 09-AUG-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Maj/LCdr willing to relinquish and Lt/SLt eligible for promotion to Capt/Lt(N) may apply, but will only be considered should no candidate at the Capt/Lt(N) rank apply and be found suitable. Lt/SLt not eligible for promotion may be considered for under-ranking.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RTA Validation Officer is concerned primarily with the assurance that Ranges and Training Areas (RTA) facilities, capabilities and systems meet the needs of the user and other identified stakeholders. This function may involve formal acceptance on behalf of the intended user group subsequent to validation of suitability to meet their training and testing needs. Validation is supported through verification processes which involve the evaluation of whether or not a RTA facility, capability or system complies with a regulation, requirement, specification, or imposed condition. RTA Validation will monitor and report on the condition of RTA and analyze user data to meet assigned Performance Management criteria.
DUTIES AND TASKS
1. Act as principal staff assistant to the RTA Policy Officer to validate and verify identified RTA deficiencies in accordance with ATA assigned training and testing requirements;
2. Collate and analyze RTA Inspection Report and RTA usage data necessary to meet Performance Management reporting criteria;
3. Liaise with the Army Individual Training Authority and Army Collective Training Authority to validate range designs in meeting ATA assigned training and testing requirements;
4. Liaise with Director Army Infrastructure, Director Army Requirements and Director Force Capability Development to convert RTA deficiency reports and training needs analysis into viable designs for range development;
5. Conduct validation studies with user units;
6. Analyze post exercise reports and after action reviews related to range capabilities;
7. Verify compliance with functional design, construction and maintenance policy and occupational task standards;
8. Maintain and update B-GL-381-002/TS-000 Range Construction and Maintenance policy focusing on the functional performance specifications related to range design; and
9. Perform all other tasks assigned by RTA Development Officer.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. - IR/SE will not be authorized IAW CANFORGEN 145/12 CMP 063/12 301435Z JUL 12; and
- This posn is not 100% in support of P Res.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Price , Nathan
- Position: 042473 - RTA & FMN ENGR/TRG 3-5 (ENGRS)
- Phone: 613-541-5010 x8772
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: 1. Employment preference will be given to suitable candidates who are located within the geographical boundaries for CFB Kingston;
2. Only applicants that pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview. Members selected for an interview will be subjected to a questionnaire which incorporates a weighted-score which is used in order to facilitate objective candidate evaluation;
3. A cover letter, a résumé/CV with emphasis on skills, and a current Guardian MPRR are to be attached to nomination through REO/Monitor Mass; a cover letter and résumé/CV submitted with application must include any information more current than that displayed on MPRR. Ensure any qualification or training pertinent to this position is also highlighted in accompanying cover letter to ensure the Selection Board receives full disclosure of any valid information;
4. Applicant's med cat, physical fitness and security clearance must be current and at the required level for this REO; and
5. Applicants with a Secret clearance in progress as of the closing date of the REO may be considered, if no suitable applicant with the appropriate clearance applies.