Competition Closing Date: 18-FEB-2020
From: CJOC HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CJOC HQ - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 1600 Star Top, Ottawa)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CJOC HQ has a Class B Permanent for a LCol/LCol MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 19-JAN-2020 until 18-JAN-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: LCol/LCol
MBRS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO LCOL/CDR AND COL/CAPT(N) WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK CAN APPLY, BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED LCOL/CDR IS AVAILABLE.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
00328 LOG PREFERRED
- Language: Bilingual
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. OPERATIONAL EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
B. PROFICIENCY IN WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS AND STAFF PROCEDURE IS ESSENTIAL
C. WELL DEVELOPED COMMUNICATION SKILLS IN ENGLISH ARE ESSENTIAL
D. STAFF EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL, JOINT STAFF EXPERIENCE IS DESIRABLE
E. FAMILIARITY WITH THE CF OPERATIONAL PLANNING PROCESS IS DESIRABLE
F. FAMILIARITY WITH THE CANADIAN FORCES TASKINGS, PLANS AND OPERATIONS (CFTPO) IS DESIRABLE
G. AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE CF FORCE EMPLOYMENT PROCESS AND ITS IMPACT ON CANADIAN JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND IS DESIRABLE
H. KNOWLEDGE OF DEPLOYED BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES ADMINISTRATION IS DESIRABLE
I. POLICY ADMINISTRATION, INTERPRETATION AND MODIFICATION EXPERIENCES IS DESIRABLE
- Basic description of duties: A. ENSURE COORDINATION OF OUTCAN REPATRIATION PROCESS, IN COLLABORATION WITH OUTCAN LOCATION AND HOME UNIT
B. SERVE, IN COLLABORATION WITH DCSM AS NATIONAL MORTUARY AFFAIRES SME
C. COORDINATE THIRD LOCATION REPATRIATION AT THE STRATEGIC LEVEL, INCLUDING POLICY REVIEW, STUDIES AND EFFECTS
D. COORDINATE CJOC'S HARDSHIP AND RISK PROCESS AND WORKING GROUP REPRESENTATION
E. REPRESENT CANADIAN JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND AT PERSONNEL OPERATIONS RELATED COMMITTEES, BOARDS AND WORKING GROUPS
F. DEVELOP IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER CANADIAN JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND SECTION REPRESENTATIVES, THE CANADIAN JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND PERSONNEL OPERATIONS LINE OF OPERATION
G. PARTICIPATE IN FORWORKING GROUPS TO ADDRESS CANADIAN JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND ISSUES RELATED TO OPERATIONS AND VCDS/SJS/CMP PERSONNEL POLICIES
H. COORDINATE WITH THE COMMAND HEADQUARTER OPI S TO ENSURE DOCUMENTS ARE REVIEWED AND COMMENTS PROVIDED AS REQUIRED
I. PREPARE MILITARY CORRESPONDENCE
J. PREPARE BRIEFINGS TO BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL AGENCIES AS REQUIRED
K. PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS DIRECTED BY THE DG SUPPORT
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Porter , Dawn
- Position: 808948 - O&E AND RESERVE STAFFING COORD/O&E AND RESERVE STAFFING COORD
- Phone: 613-945-2838
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: IF MOVE OF DHG AND E IS NOT CONSIDERED FOR THIS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY,
THIS MEANS THAT THE MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE TO BEAR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED
WITH MOVING DHG AND E TO THEIR NEW PLACE OF DUTY WHEN THE MEMBER IS NOT
FROM THE LOCAL AREA. NO TRAVEL, RATIONS OR ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES
RELATED TO THE MOVE WILL BE REIMBURSED.
LOCAL AREA APPLICANTS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE
Please attach the following information:
PERS RESUME OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR POSN, A COPY OF MPRR AND THREE
PERSONAL REFERENCES WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, PREFERABLY FORMER OR
CURRENT EMPLOYERS / SUPERVISORS
IN ORDER TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE POSN, OPI IS: BGEN HARDING C.M., 613-945-2266