Competition Closing Date: 02-MAR-2020
From: CFB Comox
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Comox - PO BOX 1000 STN MAIN, LAZO, BC, V0R 2K0, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-15, Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes
G. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-17, Promotion-Air Reserve
- CFB Comox has a Class A for a Lt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 20-JAN-2020 until 21-JAN-2030. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Lt/Capt
-Applicants already holding the advertised rank, who meet all of the essential requirements advertised for the position; or
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are eligible for promotion to substantive or acting lacking rank of the position and meet all the essential requirements advertised for the position.
-Applicants already holding the advertised rank, who do not meet all of the essential requirements advertised for the position;
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are not eligible for promotion but meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position; or
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are eligible for promotion but do not meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position.
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are not eligible for promotion and do not meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position.
-Applicants who are over the established rank of the position, who meet all the essential qualifications willing to relinquish rank to the substantive rank of the position.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- (1) Logistic Operational Support in an Air Force environment,
(2) OPME and staff school (or equivalent) completion,
(3) Deployed ops support experience (e.g.: Sqn, AEW, major Ex),
(4) Excellent office workplace skills to include but not limited to staff writing, working, planning and coordinating with other people, data and document management; and
(5) Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Basic description of duties: Works within the WOC to ensure both the RCAF and Air Ops communities logistics needs are met in a timely and efficient manner. Focus of duties is to plan and coordinate logistics/ administrative support to visiting units; be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of operational logistics support at 19 Wg; and provide appropriate advice to the OSS Chain of Command (CoC) completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Laplante , Francis
- Position: 054962 - DEPUTY WOCD/TECH
- Phone: 250-339-8211 x8365
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Candidate selection will be IAW AFO 5006-15, RCAF Reserve Employment Selection Processes.
Position is available immediately but the actual employment start date will be negotiable.
Former members of the Reg F and former or current members of the Res F in receipt of an annuity from CFSA who wish to serve on a period of continuous full time reserve service shall be subject to the annuitant reserve service policy outlined at CMP Instr 20/04 para 2.13. CF members should consult with the Director Canadian Forces Pension Services (DCFPS) prior to making any decision or election in order to fully understand the potential implications resulting from the Res Svc.
Interested candidates must forward a signed copy of their MPRR, personal resume and covering letter describing their qualifications and experience.
Applications must include the following info:
a. current establishment position number, parent unit and UIC;
b. date of promotion to current rank;
c. security clearance level and date;
d. linguistic abilities and, if available, testing dates;
e. date and category of last medical and any medical employment limitations;
f. Force FIT completion date or date scheduled to be tested;
g. confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to Regular Force or Reserve Force service;
h. any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc.);
i. nominees work and home phone number; and
j. two references and associated contact information.
Applications will be accepted directly or through REO and can be forwarded to:
a. e-mail: email@example.com
b. regular mail :
Employment Opportunity- OSS-Plans O
19 Air Reserve Flight,
19 Wing Comox
PO Box 1000 Stn Main
Lazo BC V0R 2K0
ATTN: AR Flt Comd