Competition Closing Date: 04-AUG-2020
From: Lake Sup Scot R
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - Lake Sup Scot R - 317 PARK AVE, THUNDER BAY, ON, P7B 1C7, CA (Actual Employment Location: Thunder Bay, ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- Lake Sup Scot R has a Class B Permanent for a MCpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 00375-01-HRA to commence on 03-JUL-2020 until 02-JUL-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/MCpl
Under/Over ranking shall only be used in exceptional circumstances, where no established rank qualified candidate is found suitable by a Board Report and reviewed by Div HQ. Higher rank will relinquish rank for the duration of the emp pd.
- MOS ID: 00375-01-HRA
Other MOSIDs may apply, however will only be considered in those exceptional circumstances where no other qualified candidate is available.
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- The following would be considered strong assets to have:
a. Knowledge and experience to effectively navigate Revised Pay System for the Reserves (RPSR) and Guardian;
b. Knowledge and experience to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access;
c. Basic familiarity and ability to use Monitor Mass and Output Products;
d. Basic military writing skills; and
e. Knowledge and experience to effectively navigate and use ClaimsX.
- Basic description of duties: a. Inputting HQ Class "A" and "B" pay and allowances documents into the RPSR & Guardian;
b. Handling any pay queries for all unit personnel;
c. Maintaining a file of all route letters for unit personnel and a spreadsheet of all courses and tasking for budget purpose;
d. Issuing records of employment for unit personnel;
e. Preparing all CF 52's, MTECs, and travel claims for unit personnel;
f. Finalizing all claims for unit personnel;
g. Researching any problems concerning claims entitlements;
h. Maintaining a file system for all claims;
i. Researching missing claims/payments;
j. Conduct mail run as required;
k. Performing the function of Rcds Clk during his/her absence;
l. Supervising and mentoring designated subordinates;
m. Any other duties assigned by the C Clk, and
n. Ability to deploy for extended periods of time on Brigade Level Training Events in order to fulfill duties of the position while deployed.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: YES
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Moses , Stephen
- Position: 110746 - ADJT/TRG O
- Phone: 807-343-5108
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Possibility of extension. Resumes to be input / attached into Monitor Mass.
Applicants from the local geographical area who meet the criteria will be given employment preference. If a local mbr is the successful applicant the Offer of Emp/Terms of Svc can be auth to be modified for early start & end date. This adv start date is to allow time pd for a relocation if required.