Competition Closing Date: 02-JAN-2020
From: CFB Borden
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CFB Borden - PO BOX 1000 STN MAIN, BORDEN, ON, L0M 1C0, CA (Actual Employment Location: Basae Operations)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- CFB Borden has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 03-FEB-2020 until 02-FEB-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Mbrs eligible for promotion to Capt/LT(N) and Maj/LCdr who are willing to relinquish their rank can apply but will only be considered if no qualified Capt/Lt(N) is available. Lt/Slt may be considered only if candidates at the rank of Capt/Lt(N) or Lt/Slt qualified for promotion are not available
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
Other MOSIDs may be considered if no suitable candidate is found in the required MOSID
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Reliability Status
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- 1. Qualified and experience in DRMIS
2. Possess valid certification in expenditure management section 32, 33 and 34 of the FAA
3. Comprehensive knowledge of CAF policies and procedures
4. Excellent writing and or comunication
5. Knowledge of general DND administration and staff procedures
6. Experience in MS office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Knowledge and experience in MPGTG administration and finance policies an asset
b. Experience with MITE and CMIS an asset, or ability to obtain
c. Resource manager's course an asset or ability to obtain
d. Civilian management experience with various Civ HR responsibilities an asset
- Basic description of duties: a. Supervise all aspects of Branch staff administration and responsibilities
b. Maintain currency of base and unit administrative procedures
c. Finanical management and planning (NPF and public funds)
d. Responsible for Branch preparation and submission of unit business plan and quarterly reporting
e. Monitor spending to ensure it falls within the scope of the unit business plan and apprise the Ops O of shortfalls as appropriate
f. Responsible for all reports and returns, track annual unit activities (such as PERS and leave)
g. Prepare all routine correspondence on behalf of the Ops O
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Metcalfe , Sandra
- Position: 816662 - BUS SUPP OFFCR/BUS SUPP OFFCR
- Phone: 705-424-1200 x7212
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Priority will be given to Res F component/sub-component in the order listed at para 1, then Reg F.
B. Dates are approximate, possibility of extension
C. Please attach Pers Resume outlining suitability for posn
D. Please attach a signed, up to date MPRR
E. Questions in regard to job description can be directed to Maj L.G. Betts at 705-424-1200, ext 1671, or CSN 270-1671 or e-mail Greg.Betts@forces.gc.ca