Competition Closing Date: 09-DEC-2019
From: 32 CBG HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 32 CBG HQ - THE LCOL GEORGE TAYLOR DENISON III ARMOURY 1 YUKON LANE, TORONTO, ON, M3K 0A1, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- 32 CBG HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 00002-01-Officer, or 90000-ATR to commence on 09-DEC-2019 until 08-DEC-2022. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Regular Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Senior Capts promotable to Maj may apply but will only be considered if no suitable Maj applies. LCols may also apply but if successful will be required to relinquish their rank for the entire period of employment.
- MOS ID: 00002-01-Officer, or 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Top Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. P RES ARMY OPERATIONS COURSE 
2. Introduction to GBA+ 
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- (1) Previous Staff Officer Experience at the Formation level (Required)
(2) Ability to conduct briefings/presentations to a variety of audiences
(3) Ability to Multi Task, Delegate and Coordinate Workload
(4) Ability to work Evenings and Weekends as reqr
(5) Ability to deploy on Exercises/Tasks as reqr
(6) Experience with DND Training Manuals and Policies (PAMs, Training Directives, etc.)
(7) Excellent Knowledge of Military Writing and Forms
- Basic description of duties: 1. 32 CBG requires a dedicated full-time senior staff officer to develop, implement and maintain the Brigade's plans function.
2. The 32 CBG G5 is responsible for all aspects of L3 Business Plan, Force Development, as well as the planning, development and production of training deliverables for all brigade-level activities, inclusive of Collective Training (CT) events involving 32 CBG.
A. Maintain detailed knowledge and situational awareness of the CA/JTFC/ 4 Cdn Div HQ operational requirements of 32 CBG, including RTHR and HR requirements.
B. Orchestrate the 32 CBG business planning process and advise 32 CBG units WRT business planning mechanisms so that activities are developed utilizing innovative and viable solutions within proscribed limitations.
C. Maintain detailed knowledge and situational awareness of StAR Mission Tasks and support their implementation.
D. Maintain detailed knowledge and situational awareness of the CA/ 4 Cdn Div HQ Performance Management requirements of 32 CBG, including the applicable systems of record and reporting timelines.
E. Be prepared to dev Op Orders and CONOPS in sp of Strat and Regional CONOPS and domestic operational requirements.
F. Be prepared to dev future trg activities in the form of CAX, CPX and FTX in order to maintain Bde Unit capabilities in the form of Joint Cbt Arm designated BTS based trg activities and domestic ops based trg activities.
G. Assist the G3 in the dev plans, programming and resource allocation in order to execute trg, exercises and operational deployments as required of and by the Bde.
H. Collaborate with other branches and be prepared to supervise staff who may be assigned to support your role, oversee all significant activities and provide timely guidance and direction. Ensure coordination and understanding of various perspectives in developing solutions to problems within the Branch and CBG.
I. Ensure the implications and impact of change initiatives at 32 CBG and higher levels are identified, and that actions taken assist in advantaging both the HQ and supported units. Actively explore diverse sources of information and assess
varying COA in consideration of second and third order effects.
J. Any other duties as may be assigned by the COS.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Robb , Anthony
- Position: 079100 - COS/COS
- Phone: 416-633-6200 x2804
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. COMMANDING OFFICER RECOMMENDATION, RESUME/CV TO BE PROVIDED WITH APPLICATION IN REO; AND
B. APPLICANTS IN THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA OF THE EMPLOYING UNIT WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY.
C. THE SUCCESSFULL APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE THEIR LEVEL III SECURITY CLEARANCE UPDATE WITHIN THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF ACCEPTING THE POSITION SHOULD THEY NOT ALREADY HOLD THE LEAVEL III CLEARANCE.