Competition Closing Date: 03-DEC-2019
From: CFB Winnipeg
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Winnipeg - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, WINNIPEG, MB, R3J 3Y5, CA (Actual Employment Location: Barker College)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- CFB Winnipeg has a Class A for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00183-01-PLT to commence on 06-JAN-2020 until 06-JAN-2045. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
One rank below, eligible for immediate promotion and one rank above, willing to permanently relinquish rank, may apply
- MOS ID: 00183-01-PLT
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- 1) working knowledge of flight rules and procedures as published in the BGA 100 series, Flight Operations Manual, and GPH 204; and
2) ICP (ADNP) qualification.
- Competency (Qualifications):
- 1. FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR [AIMB]
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Desired qualifications and experience:
1) Qualification (current or held a valid ticket within past 12 months) on an aircraft utilized at 3 CFFTS;
2) Operational overseas flying experience, preferably deployed;
3) Experience in giving flight evaluations;
4) Working knowledge of Terminal Approach Design criteria/procedures;
5) Working knowledge of HPMA/FRMS programs used by RCAF;
6) Excellent communication skills; and
7) Proficient with Windows and MS Office software.
- Basic description of duties: DHPE ICP Instructors train experienced RCAF and foreign military aircrew members on advanced instrument rules and procedures, Instrument Rating Test (IRT) evaluation procedures, and future advancements in aviation within classroom and flight simulator or aircraft environments. Instructors are responsible for researching their assigned topics to produce the most up-to-date and relevant lectures for the course, writing articles for the RCAF Flight Comment magazine, regularly reviewing/proposing amendments to RCAF flight publications through the appropriate channels, maintaining flying proficiency and currency on their assigned aircraft, and serving as the subject matter experts (SMEs) for instrument flight rules and procedures for the RCAF. In addition to ICP duties, will be required to contribute to the other courses managed by DHPE. To effectively contribute to DHPE, the member will be expected to commit a minimum of four days per month; if necessary, this can be adjusted with pre-coordination through the DHPE Chair.
DHPE ICP Instructors are accountable to the ICP Section Commander / Course Director and the DHPE Chair.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Dunwoody , David Marc
- Position: 339993 - DEPUTY COMMANDANT/DEPUTY COMMANDANT
- Phone: 204-833-2500 x6397
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Interested candidates must forward a copy of their current MPRR, Personal Resume and Covering Letter describing their quals and experience IAW requirements listed above. Submissions may be made via mail, email or fax to: Capt Mockford, 17 AR Flt D/Flt Comd, CSN 257-4754, FAX csn 257-2885, 17 AR FLT , PO BOX 17000 Stn Forces, Winnipeg, MB R3J 3Y5.
B. Candidate selection will be IAW AFO 5006-15 RCAF Reserve Employment Selection Processes
C. Interviews: Applicants who have been successfully screened, as meeting the essential prerequisites, will be contacted for an interview if required.