Competition Closing Date: 18-DEC-2019
From: CCSB HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CCSB HQ - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, KINGSTON, ON, K7K 7B4, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CCSB HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 01-DEC-2019 until 30-NOV-2022. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
IAW Ref A, applicants who are one rank lower or one rank higher may apply, however will only be considered in those exceptional circumstances where no other qualified candidate is available. If one rank higher is the only suitable applicant, mbr may be required to relinquish their rank for the period of employment.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
Combat Arms preferred.
- Language: English or French essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- 1. One of the following:
A. AJIC - CIMIC Staff Officer Course;
B. AJCU - Information Operations Course;
C. AIYH - PSYOPS Officer Course;
D. AIUM - CIMIC Operator; or
E. Any CAF/NATO/UN CIMIC, PsyOps, or Targeting course.
- Unit Qualifications Remarks:
- 1. IATF pers are required to support high readiness tasks including DART and NEO (48 hrs NTM). Applicants to the IATF must be able and willing to deploy on short notice; and
2. Applicants with a lesser security clearance may apply; however, applicants must apply for the correct level of clearance prior to applying to this REO. Applicants must be able to attain the correct level of clearance once selected.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. The following IA/Info Ops courses will be considered an asset: CIMIC Operator, PSYOPS TACOP, PSYOPS Analyst, Information Operations Officer, CIMIC Planner, and PSYOPS Planner;
B. Experience operating or training as a CIMIC or PSYOPS tactical team will be an asset;
C. Experience working as part of command support staff in either operations, plans, targeting, and/or as an IA analyst would be considered an asset;
D. Strong written and verbal communication skills will be required;
E. Experience in a liaison or coordination role, especially with civilian, government, or foreign agencies would be considered an asset;
F. IATF members routinely support CT through writing boards, and in EXCON/OCT roles. Experience supporting training design or as an OCT would be considered an asset; and
G. IATF members may be required to attend international training, IT or CT. Applicants must be able and willing to travel internationally as required.
- Basic description of duties: A. As an Officer Commanding an IACC (Influence Activities Coordination Centre), or a staff officer in support of capability development, will be required to demonstrate competency in Civil-Military Cooperation (CIMIC);
B. Expected to supervise, lead, manage, and administer to subordinates and expected to advise and support the CoC;
C. Achieve DAG Green status and BPT deploy on international operations ISO CONPLANs RENAISSANCE, JUPITER, and ANGLE;
D. Attend IA-related training exercises and events as a member of the PTA;
E. Contribute to production of institutional doctrine and training material;
F. Attend exercise writing boards, planning conferences, and critique of training events via AARs;
G. Perform as OCT during training exercises and events, mentoring PTA to achieve competent delivery of TTPs and achievement of effects;
H. Perform as instructor on institutional IA-related training courses conducted by the Peace Support Training Centre (PSTC) and other institutions; and
I. Other duties as assigned by the CoC.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Pike , Martin
- Position: 339442 - Adjt/Adjt
- Phone: 613-541-5010 x4753
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. A brief resume with emphasis on skills applicable to this position, covering letter and current MPRR must be attached to nomination;
B. Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc); and
C. Applicants in the geographical area of the employing unit will be given priority.