Competition Closing Date: 07-FEB-2020
From: CFB Winnipeg
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Winnipeg - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, WINNIPEG, MB, R3J 3Y5, CA (Actual Employment Location: CFSSAT (UIC 1661))
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFB Winnipeg has a Class A for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 02-DEC-2019 until 02-DEC-2039. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
One rank below, eligible for immediate promotion and one rank above, willing to permanently relinquish rank, may apply
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- Able and prepared to complete AOS-L, AOS-SERE, AOS-AA and Level C Conduct After Capture;
Have or be prepared to take BIT (Basic Instructor Techniques) and AIT (Advanced).
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Desirable to have experience, qualifications and familiarization with:
a) Able to work independently in austere conditions;
b) Comfortable with operating various vehicles and hold or is able to obtain DND 404's;
c) Fully employable in a field environment;
- Basic description of duties: Position Description: The position exists to provide theoretical and practical training on survival subjects by preparing and competently instructing AOS-L, AOS-SERE and AOS-AA courses.
Responsible for: This position is responsible for:
a. Acting as specialist on matters pertaining to SERE Training;
b. Preparation and delivery of training lectures as required;
c. Performing instructor duties such as student assessment and management of student issues;
d. Ensuring completion of details related to the production of survival courses e.g. updating lesson plans, coordinating logistical arrangements;
e. Performing assignments as designated by the Course NCO/WO;
f. Ensuring operations at remote training facilities are IAW CF environmental policies;
g. Provision of MTT training in-location for CF personnel IOT support pre-deployment SERE requirements;
h. Achieve QS standards and be prepared to move into Standards role.
i. Compliance with DND safety standards and adherence to established safety procedures.
j. Updating lesson plans as directed by Standards.
The member is directly accountable to the SERE Flt Comd and to the Standards Section.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Nurse , Rebecca
- Position: 052656 - ADMIN OFFR/INSTR A&ES
- Phone: 204-833-2500 x4245
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Interested candidates must forward a copy of their current MPRR, Personal Resume and Covering Letter describing their quals and experience IAW requirements listed above. Submissions may be made via mail, email or fax to: Capt Mockford, 17 AR Flt D/Flt Comd, CSN 257-4754, FAX csn 257-2885, 17 AR FLT , PO BOX 17000 Stn Forces, Winnipeg, MB R3J 3Y5.
B. Candidate selection will be IAW AFO 5006-15 RCAF Reserve Employment Selection Processes
C. Interviews: Applicants who have been successfully screened, as meeting the essential prerequisites, will be contacted for an interview if required.