Competition Closing Date: 02-JAN-2020
From: NAVRES HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - NAVRES HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, COURCELETTE, QC, G0A 4Z0, CA (Actual Employment Location: 170 Dalahousie, Québec, QC)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- NAVRES HQ has a Class B Permanent for a MCpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 00334-01-MED TECH, or 00150-12-MED A to commence on 15-FEB-2020 until 31-MAR-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/MCpl
The ranks of Cpl and Sgt will be considered if no MS is suitable for this employment.
- MOS ID: 00334-01-MED TECH, or 00150-12-MED A
- Language: Bilingual
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: No (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- -Knowledge of the Office suite: Outlook, Word and Power Point.
-Knowledge of medical service software (databases): the Canadian Forces Health Information System (CFHIS) and the medical administration system.
- Basic description of duties: In his/her administrative and clinical responsibilities, the Medical Assistant reports directly to the Physician Assistant at the Pointe-à-Carcy (PAC) sickbay. His/her role is to perform the administrative coordination of the daily sick parade and to administer first aid. The Medical Assistant is usually the patient's first point of contact at the clinic. As a result, he/she must maintain close communication with the Physician Assistant in order to provide optimal service to PAC personnel.
More specifically, the Medical Assistant performs the following tasks:
a. Welcomes patients;
b. Initiates the necessary medical forms and organizes medical files;
c. Maintains files and keeps sick parade registers;
d. Answers the telephone and manages medical and administrative correspondence;
e. Makes appointments with the Physician and the Valcartier Medical Centre (VHC);
f. Coordinates billing;
g. Initiates the first part of medical assessments (PHA-Part 1);
h. Begins basic treatments and performs certain treatments (eg, wart clinic / dressing changes);
i. Assists the Physician Assistant or the Physician with clinical care;
j. Consults and records various operations on the computer using the CF health system databases;
k. Writes correspondence as per the Physician Assistant's instructions;
l. Maintains the treatment room, the Physician Assistant's room and the administration room in optimal condition in order to be able to provide patients with proper care;
m. Maintains medical equipment in good condition;
n. Keeps the administrative and medical equipment inventory up to date;
o. Sterilizes medical instruments;
p. Teaches first aid; and
q. Performs all other tasks assigned by the Physician Assistant or the Physician.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: CPO 2 Samson , Patrick
- Position: 346897 - MIL PERS CPO/MIL PERS CPO
- Phone: 418-694-5560 x4830
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.