Competition Closing Date: 16-DEC-2019
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 25 Nicolas St.)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- C Air Force has a Class A for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 31-OCT-2019 until 31-OCT-2039. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
(1) Critical thinking skills essential
(2) Strong Communication skills, written and verbal - essential
(3) Strong research and analysis skills essential
(4) Knowledge of RCAF preferred
(5) Knowledge of Reserve matters preferred
(6) Occupation Development experience preferred
(7) Knowledge of DPGR processes preferred
(8) Knowledge about Air Maintenance, SAR and Force Protection preferred
(9) Knowledge of Training Development process preferred
(10) Knowledge of Lessons Learned Program preferred
(11) NDHQ or command staff experience preferred
(12) Strong interpersonal & teamwork skills
(13) High initiative and ability to work independently, and
(14) Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Basic description of duties: The Director Air Reserve 3-2 (D Air Res 3-2) is a key member of the RCAF Reserve's Force Development / strategic planning cell and assists the Director Air Reserve 3 (D Air Res 3) in researching, conceptualizing, designing and/or implementing strategic initiatives for the future RCAF Reserve Force. This includes consultation and coordination with appropriate Force Development offices in the RCAF and across CAF to gain insight into emerging trends, capacities and concepts. It also includes strategic planning (often in coordination with these offices) to provide RCAF Reserve input into future capability analyses and determining appropriate RCAF Reserve integration into future Total Force capabilities. The main effort of D Air Res 3-2 involves assisting with program development related to the growth and rejuvenation of the RCAF Reserve. Accordingly, the position requires a dynamic self-starter who possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is able to think critically at the strategic level. In the short to medium term, the incumbent of this position will be critical to implementing the RCAF's new Reserve occupation, Air Operations Support Technician (AOS Tech), and to coordinating the transition from the Interim Air Operations Support Program (IAOSP.)
Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the position found on the Terms of Accountability (TOA) from OPI listed in Para 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Chaloux , Lynne
- Position: 080143 - D AIR RESERVE 3/AUG SP
- Phone: 613-971-7993
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Start date of employment is negotiable.
B. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor.
C. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15.
D. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.