Competition Closing Date: 09-DEC-2019
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CAAWC - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, ASTRA, ON, K0K 3W0, CA (Actual Employment Location: CAAWC Trenton, ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Service
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B, C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instruction
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Position
- CAAWC has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 13-JAN-2020 until 12-JAN-2023. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Maj/LCdr willing to relinquish and Lt/SLt eligible for promotion to Capt/Lt(N) may apply, but will only be considered should no candidate at the Capt/Lt(N) rank apply and be found suitable. Lt/SLt not eligible for promotion may be considered for under-ranking.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: Bilingual
- EN Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- EN Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- EN OI Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- FR OI Level: B - Intermediate
- Security clearance: Reliability Status
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- *Applicants who do not meet the language requirements of the position may be considered. However, priority will be given to those applicants who meet the language requirements of the position.
a. Logistics Officer preferred.
b. Bachelor's degree.
c. Contracting Direct With Trade, Expenditure Management and Green Procurement Courses.
d. Working knowledge and experience in the Government of Canada contracting system.
e. Experience in the development and administration of training services contracts.
f. Experience in administration of multiple complex contracts.
g. Knowledge of the courses taught at CAAWC.
h. Working knowledge and experience in the Defense Resource Management Information System (DRMIS) with the MM and FI modules.
i. Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Baseline Software.
- Basic description of duties: 1. Responsible to the OC AALS Coy as QM for CAAWC 1st line unit support. In addition to managing and overseeing the RQ shop,
applicant will be responsible for assisting in the development, administration, monitoring and assessment of course and exercise
2. Contracts Officer terms of reference and duties are as follows:
a. Prepare reports and assessments on products provided by contractors;
b. Liaise with CTC contracts officer and Directorate Major Procurement to ensure proper documentation is completed when
requesting a need for contract;
c. Confirm contracted companies are qualified to perform contracted duties;
d. Liaise with Ops and TA's to confirm when and what services are needed;
e. Ensure contract files are maintained in accordance with the Financial Administration Act;
f. Provide technical advise to both the Contractor and Chain of Command;
g. Assist in the business and operational planning process;
h. Prepare presentations on progress of contracts when requested; and
i. Perform other military duties as assigned by the Chain of Command
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: Suitable local applicants will be given employment preference.
Position is not 100% in Support of Reserves.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Lt Jobin , Nicholas
- Position: 071630 - ADJT/ADJT
- Phone: 613-392-2811 x3523
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: **Cover letter, resume, current Guardian MPRR and *SCPS screen verification of security clearance are to be attached with the nomination in Monitor Mass.
Suitable applicants residing within the geographical area will be given preference.
Applicant's medical category, physical fitness and security clearance must be current and at the required level for REO.
If an applicant has MELs and is still employable within limitations, a copy of the AR/MEL must be fwd to CTC HQ G1 Reserve Admin Cell.
Applicants must have the essential quals as outlined in REO.
Applicants with a security clearance in progress as of the closing date of the REO may be considered, if no suitable applicant with the appropriate clearance applies.
Once an applicant has been selected, the home unit must complete C of C concurrence in REO.
If the successful applicant is from outside the CADTC and would like to be posted to the CADTC PRL, reqs may be sent to:
+CADTC FMN G1 Res Mgt@CADTC HQ@Kingston
Cc: +CTC HQ G1 Res@CTC HQ@Gagetown