Competition Closing Date: 03-DEC-2019
From: 1 CRPG
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - 1 CRPG - PO BOX 6666 STN MAIN, YELLOWKNIFE, NT, X1A 2R3, CA (Actual Employment Location: Yellowknife, NT)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- 1 CRPG has a Class B Temporary for a Lt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 06-JAN-2020 until 04-APR-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Lt/Capt
Under/Over ranking shall only be used in exceptional circumstances, where no established rank qualified candidate is found suitable by a Board Report and approved by Div HQ. Higher rank will relinquish rank for the duration of the emp pd.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
Combat Arms preferred
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- - Experience in High Arctic Operations.
- Experienced in working with Indigenous people and or working in remote and isolated communities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing at the community, CRPG and Formation level.
- Advise CoC on Ops related issues.
- Cross Cultural awareness trg or willing to learn.
- Sound interpersonal skills, initiative leadership, judgment, tact and reliability.
- Able to work in a diverse environment in a collaborative and cooperative manner with other departments, CRPGs and Formation
- Valid DND 404 and civilian driver license.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office is an asset.
- Nomination must be sent via chain of command and must include:
*Linguistic abilities and dates tested if applic;
*Date and category of last med and any med employment limitations; and
*CF Force Test completion date and results or date sched to be tested.
- Basic description of duties: 1 CRPG HQ is an army unit with a mix of Reg F and PRes mbrs, and maintains a high operational tempo with frequent short term deployments. The successful applicant will initially be responsible to the Operations Officer for coordinating unit, Ranger and Junior Canadian Ranger (JCR) training activities. He/She will lead a Trg cell consisting of up to four NCOs (Sgt - MWO) and be responsible for organizing unit training activities such as the Canadian Ranger Basic Military Indoctrination (CRBM) and Primary Leadership Course (CRPLC), and Ranger Patrol training opportunities such as Wilderness First Aid, Search and Rescue, etc; and JCR training activities such as Enhanced Training Sessions (ETS) and Preventing Harm and Abuse Through Successful Education (PHASE) serials. Additional tasks will include augmenting Force Generation and Force Employment taskings throughout the North, requiring occasional travel in austere conditions using LOSV and ATVs as the primary meas of transport. The commanding Officer may assign additional tasks based on the needs of the unit.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: YES
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member may live in service accommodation.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: PWGSC Housing may be available for both married and single members.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt THOMPSON , Rachael
- Position: 399754 - ADJT/ADJT
- Phone: 867-873-0700 x6758
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: -Mbr will receive isolation allowance IAW CBI Chapter 11 Isolated Post Instructions
- Mbr must complete Isolated and Semi-Isolated posts screening prior to full time as per CANFORGEN 177/05. Isolated and Semi-Isolated checklist can be found at http://cmpapp.mil.ca/dgmc/pub/forms-formulaires/docs/iupchklst-ldcaui-eng.pdf.
- Must Pass RCMP CPIC (Compensation Program Integrity and Compliance) with VSS (Vunerable sector screening)