Competition Closing Date: 05-FEB-2020
From: C Army
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - C Army - MGEN GEORGE R. PEARKES BLDG 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: NDHQ (Carling Campus), 60 Moodie Drive, Ottawa ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- C Army has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 04-NOV-2019 until 03-NOV-2022. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
LCols who are willing to relinquish their rank and Capts can apply, but will only be considered if no qualified Maj is available.
Senior NCOs eligible for commissioning may also be considered.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: Bilingual
- EN Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- EN Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- EN OI Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- FR OI Level: B - Intermediate
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. Introduction to GBA+ 
- Course Remarks:
- Preference given to AOC or equivalent qualified.
- Competency Remarks:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to think critically, problem solving, synthesize information from multiple sources, and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Must have the ability to carry out assigned responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Broad knowledge of CA organizations and capabilities including the Canadian Rangers.
- Ability to work as a team member or team leader and in dealing effectively with all levels of military and public service (PS) employees.
- Have experience as a Staff Officer at a Bde or higher HQ.
- Knowledge of personnel policies and administration.
- Business planning, ability to plan and manage budgets
- Familiar with Guardian and Monitor Mass.
- Knowledge of CAF/DND Personnel Policies
- Experience providing advice to Sr Leaders
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: Description of Duties:
- G1 Personnel Policy
- Apply CAF/DND personnel policies for both the Regular and Reserve Force and Public Servants.
- Manage, track, prepare and staff work and documents for Sr CA officers.
- Analyze requests from subordinate formations and ensure they are policy compliant.
- Prioritize work in accordance with G1's priorities.
- Meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Any other general staff officer duties as assigned in any of the seven sections of the CA G1 Directorate.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Higgins , Craig
- Position: 076774 - G1 PERS GEN/DLP 2
- Phone: 613-998-4269
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: General Remarks: Please provide a CV describing how you meet the essential and secondary requirements and current MPRR. In addition, please provide two work references, one of which should be your current supervisor or last supervisor.
Telework will not be considered.
Those applicants not meeting the language requirements of the position may be considered. However, priority will be given to those candidates who meet the requirements of the position.