Competition Closing Date: 04-FEB-2020
From: NAVRES HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - NAVRES HQ - PO BOX 1000 STN FORCES, COURCELETTE, QC, G0A 4Z0, CA (Actual Employment Location: CFB VALCARTIER)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- NAVRES HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 00168-07-SUP TECH to commence on 04-NOV-2019 until 31-AUG-2022. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
PO 1 / WO will be considered
- MOS ID: 00168-07-SUP TECH
- Language: Bilingual
- EN Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- EN Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- EN OI Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- FR OI Level: B - Intermediate
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- Supply Tech QL6A
Access to DRMIS finance and Material
302360-Expenditure management 32,33,34
301001-Contracting Direct with Trade
300530-Introducion to controlled goods
300545-Protection of controlled goods
C215E - Green Procurement
- Competency Remarks:
- - Financial ability in DRMIS financial software.
- Ability for Material management with DRMIS software.
- Knowledge of the principle of financial delegation and procurement: online procurement course; course on controlled purchases; course on expenditure management Art. 32,33 and 34.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Forces Supply System
Ability to manage personnel.
- Ability to manage a warehouse.
- Knowledge of regulations and policies regarding clothing.
- Knowledge of regulations and policies regarding the use of military vehicles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Skills in oral and written communication
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: The NAVRES Clothing Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the proper operation of the clothing warehouse on behalf of SSO LOG/INFRA, i.e., managing the warehouse supply, communicating in a timely manner with the NRDs to determine their naval combat dress (NCD) needs, ensuring the dispatch of NCD as quickly as possible, managing the schedules and workload of warehouse members, ensuring a safe working environment and managing assigned vehicles.
The responsibilities are as follows;
1. Act as divisional Petty Officer for the three supply technicians (e. g. PDR, PER) and ensure their training and development;
2. Approve requests for support for naval combat dress from NRDs. Report any discrepancies and unplanned requests to the Supply Advisor;
3. Coordinate NRD requests and prioritize the work of buyer and storeperson;
4. Make the necessary arrangements with the procurement department when purchasing the naval combat dress through Logistiks Unicorp and ensure that procurement procedures are properly followed;
5. Confirm that all acquired material and bring on charge in the clothing warehouse;
6. Rigorous follow-up of orders in process both CFSS and Logistik;
7. Monitor warehouse budgets in the DRMIS;
8. Manage and prepare inventories of warehouse distribution accounts;
9. Ensure that equipment transfers and receipts are done correctly in the DRMIS;
10. Supervise the management of temporary loans by ensuring rigorous monitoring;
11. Ensure the safe and proper use of DND vehicles in accordance with the instructions of the Base Transportation Section, inform the OEM Log of any potential problems;
12. Develop and maintain a register of internal procedures for the common repository section;
13. Ensure that the section remains open during normal working hours by planning leave and absence of section staff; and
14. Ensure that financial and supply documents (contracts, purchase orders, acquisition card statements, etc.) are properly maintained and archived and disposed of in accordance with the instructions. If in doubt, consult the Procurement Advisor.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: PO 1 Lantagne , Julie
- Position: 014427 - ANALYST / CM(RMS/SUP TECH)/PCOR ADMIN
- Phone: 418-694-5560 x5353
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Statement on the Engagement of CFSA Part I Annuitants:
The Management Framework issued at VCDS 5323-1 (DGRC) 6 March 2012, which remains in
force at this time, affords that annuitants in receipt of pension benefits under the CFSA Part I
who endeavor to undertake a period of Reserve Force service in fulfillment of a requirement
anticipated to last longer than one year shall rejoin and recontribute to the CFSA Part I under the
terms of "Option 2" at para 2.13 of CMP instr 20/04. This is the guiding principle on which an
AFC decision was based and promulgated by the CDS at 5323-1 (D Res) 5 Mar 2012.
Notwithstanding this guiding principle, certain circumstances may exist where an application
may be made to VCDS requesting an exception which would permit engagement of a CFSA Part
I annuitant under the terms of "Option 1" (maximum 330 days in any 365 day period).
CFSA Part I annuitants wishing to apply for this position with an expectation of being approved
for service under the terms of "Option 1" as detailed in Para 2.13 of CMP instr 20/04 will only
· in cases where the position is currently vacant;
· in the absence of currently serving Reserve Force members not in receipt of benefits
under CFSA Part I who apply;
· in the absence of currently serving Reserve Force members who are CFSA annuitants
wishing to apply under the terms of "Option 2" who apply;
· where a reasonable effort has been made to fill the position using non-annuitants or
annuitants under the terms of "Option 2;"
· where a defined operational impact, including activities that support the implementation
of SSE pursuant to CANFORGEN 033/18, can be substantiated to the VCDS should the
position remain vacant;
· where clearly-identified and expressed plan is articulated to remedy the need to use a
CFSA Part 1 annuitant under the terms of "Option 1;" and
· where expressed written authority from the VCDS for a specific exception has been
requested by the employing unit?s L1 and received.
Note: The employing unit is responsible for requesting a specific exception through their L1
pursuant to direction at VCDS 5323-1 (DDFP) 7 September 2017 ? Management Framework
Update ? CFSA Annuitants ? Fulltime Reserve Service. Approval from VCDS must be received
prior to recommending an applicant to the Class "B" or "C" Reserve Service Approving