Competition Closing Date: 03-FEB-2020
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 110 O'CONNOR ST.)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- C Air Force has a Class A for a MWO/MWO MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 17-OCT-2019 until 17-OCT-2039. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MWO/MWO
WO eligible for immediate substantive promotion to MWO are included, WO not eligible for promotion will be considered if no other suitable applicants apply. CWO willing to permanently relinquish their rank to MWO will be considered if no other suitable applicants apply.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Skills/Knowledge: NDHQ, strategic or operational level staff experience. Broad understanding of RCAF culture, management, HR policies, tools and techniques.
The position of Director Air Personnel Strategy 4-2-2 is accountable to D Air Pers Strat 4 for:
a. Providing advice and expertise on the application of the Monitor Mass (MM) program to enhance effectiveness in the conduct and completion of various directorate tasks as related to HR products,
b. Coordinate and assist in delivery of MM; Train-the-Trainer courses, OJT to primarily C Air Force Staff, Directorate MCS / MM Users training and advice to Administrators as required,
c. Deliver as required, briefings to RCAF Leadership on MCS MM capability usage and statistics. Report on Implementation of MM including integrated end state,
d. Organize, supervise/manage and participate in the RCAF HR portion of MCS and Defence Analytics, working and focus groups, and attend related meetings as required; and
e. Further the aim and intent of MM within the RCAF, and perform additional duties as related to Pers Strat functions.
f. Responsible for collection, collation and delivery of Data and Statistics for HR in MM.
The position of Director Air Personnel Strategy 4-2-2 is accountable for:
a. Maintaining contact with appropriate OPIs to ensure RCAF / C Air Force MM implementation and development are on track, via Steering Committees (SC) and Configuration Management Board (CMB) participation,
b. Maintaining communication with C Air Force Staff and directorate on MM development schedule, and
c. Participating in MCS development for RCAF with MCS Management team committees and working groups at the NDHQ, 1 Cdn Air Div and 2 Cdn Air Div levels to influence and track MCS HR items and issues.
d. Coordinating with L1 staff to further coordination and development of MM for Pers Strat Directorate.
- Basic description of duties: The position of Director Air Personnel Strategy 4-2-2 is a senior NCM Advisor for the Directorate who is assigned Military Command Software (MCS) Monitor Mass (MM) Subject Matter Expert (SME), Coordinator and Administrative Authority for the RCAF. Primarily, the D Air Pers Strat Monitor Mass Administrator functions as RCAF and Chief of Air Staff senior administrator who will represent the RCAF interests for developing and implementing MM HR applications at the RCAF HQ level. They will support D Air Pers Strat on corporate, strategic and workforce issues and activities related to MCS.
Applicants may obtain further amplification and/or details of the position found on the terms of accountabilty (TOA) from OPI listed in para 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Hamalainen , Jorma
- Position: 018242 - STRAT 4-2 PERS CORP SVCS COORD/PRL 38
- Phone: 613-971-7718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Start date of employment is negotiable.
B. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor.
C. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15.
D. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.