Competition Closing Date: 04-FEB-2020
From: C Army
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - C Army - MGEN GEORGE R. PEARKES BLDG 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Carling Campus)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- C Army has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 28-OCT-2019 until 27-OCT-2022. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
The following ranks may apply but will only be considered should no Maj apply and found suitable. LCol willing to relinquish rank
and Capt eligible for promotion to Maj. Capt not eligible for promotion may be considered for under-ranking, and after a suitable
observation period may be considered for an acting lacking promotion if applicable.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: Bilingual
- EN Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- EN Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- EN OI Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- FR OI Level: B - Intermediate
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. AOC 
2. EXPENDITURE MANAGMENT COURSE 
3. Contracting Direct with Trade 
4. Green Procurement [M713E]
- Course Remarks:
- AOC or equivalent qualified is required, JCSP is desired.
- Competency Remarks:
- 1. Business planning, ability to plan and manage budgets;
2. Extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Army Reserve issues;
3. Superior communication skills both oral and written, and staff duties;
4. Knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Essential:
1. Knowledge and Experience working in a Formation, or National HQ;
2. Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Leadership both verbally and in writing;
3. Broad knowledge of CA organizations and capabilities;
4. Ability to function in a multi-task environment;
5. Understanding of HRMS and Monitor Mass;
6. Superior organizational skills;
7. Evening and weekend working, and some travel required.
1. Have successfully commanded a sub-unit;
2. JCSP or equivalent;
3. Knowledge of Army operations and training;
4. Knowledge of Reserve personnel policies and administration;
5. Knowledge of the Canadian Ranger Organization and the Junior Canadian Ranger Program;
- Basic description of duties: PRIMARY FUNCTION
1. Manage the day to day affairs of DGARes including coordinaton of calendar, travel, pers admin and
2. Organize and execute Army Reserve governance meetings and working groups;
3. Oversee the DGARes Directorate budget;
4. Responsible for the coordination of all DGARes Directorate administration;
5. Provision of admin support to the Director Army Reserve and Army Reserve Sergeant-Major;
6. Essential that the selected individual be capable of working 'hands-on' in a matrixed organization with a high degree of discretion.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: If yes, move must be approved by DCBA prior to candidate being offered a move.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Day , Malcolm
- Position: 063568 - D ARMY RES 3/ASST RES ADV
- Phone: 613-971-7238
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: 1. Nominations must include the following:
c. Personal contact information;
d. Contact information for two character references;
e. Confirmation of whether or not the member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA, attributable to Reg F Svc;
f. Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc)
including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile,
physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the posn will be based on HRMS data. Source documents will be required;
g. CL C SVC IPS/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).