Competition Closing Date: 30-JAN-2020
From: CFB Winnipeg
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Winnipeg - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, WINNIPEG, MB, R3J 3Y5, CA (Actual Employment Location: 17 OSS - 16 Hanger Wg Ops)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFB Winnipeg has a Class A for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90022-AIR DEF to commence on 07-OCT-2019 until 07-OCT-2044. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
LT'S ELIGIBLE FOR IMMEDIATE PROMOTION AND MAJ'S WILLING TO PERMANENTLY RELINQUISH THEIR RANK WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- MOS ID: 90022-AIR DEF
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Desirable to have experience, qualifications and familiarization with:
a. Detailed knowledge of the 17 Wing Ramp Area, it's uses, divisions and boundaries;
b. Comprehensive knowledge of 17 Wing Winnipeg's roles and responsibilities as they pertain to SAR Operational launches and sovereignty missions;
c. Comprehensive knowledge of the role of Wing Ops and responsibilities, the functions with lodger and integral units, as well as the supporting agencies and organizations on 17 Wing;
d. Ability to work with minimal supervision, organizing and using resources as assigned; and
e. Ability to work shift work hours.
- Basic description of duties: Position Description: The position exists to provide 17 Wing Winnipeg, through the Deputy Commanding Officer and the Commanding Officer, OSS with a viable 24/7 operations desk capable of meeting the responsibilities associated with the duty desk and with 17 Wing Winnipeg mandates.
Responsible for: This is a supervisory position in which the incumbent supervises a team of junior officers, NCMs and Commissionaires. Position is responsible for:
a. Ensuring the day to day airfield operations are maintained;
b. Future ops are planned accordingly; and
c. Completion of any duties assigned by the CO/DCO OSS.
The member is directly accountable to the Commanding Officer, 17 Wing Operational Support Squadron.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Mockford , Wayne
- Position: 007646 - DEPUTY FLT COMD/DEPUTY FLT COMD
- Phone: 204-833-2500 x4754
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Interested candidates must forward a copy of their current MPRR, Personal Resume and Covering Letter describing their quals and experience IAW requirements listed above. Submissions may be made via mail, email or fax to: Capt Mockford, 17 AR Flt D/Flt Comd, CSN 257-4754, FAX csn 257-2885, 17 AR FLT , PO BOX 17000 Stn Forces, Winnipeg, MB R3J 3Y5.
B. Candidate selection will be IAW AFO 5006-15 RCAF Reserve Employment Selection Processes
C. Interviews: Applicants who have been successfully screened, as meeting the essential prerequisites, will be contacted for an interview if required.