Competition Closing Date: 26-SEP-2019
From: CFB Winnipeg
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Winnipeg - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, WINNIPEG, MB, R3J 3Y5, CA (Actual Employment Location: Bldg 137)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CFB Winnipeg has a Class A for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 16-SEP-2019 until 16-SEP-2044. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Cadet Org and Trg Service, Canadian Rangers.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
-Applicants already holding the advertised rank, who meet all of the essential requirements advertised for the position; or
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are eligible for promotion to substantive or acting lacking rank of the position and meet all the essential requirements advertised for the position.
-Applicants already holding the advertised rank, who do not meet all of the essential requirements advertised for the position;
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are not eligible for promotion but meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position; or
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are eligible for promotion but do not meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position.
-Applicants one rank below the advertised rank who are not eligible for promotion and do not meet all the advertised essential requirements for the position.
-Applicants who are over the established rank of the position, who meet all the essential qualifications willing to relinquish rank to the substantive rank of the position.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Desirable to have experience, qualifications or familiarization with:
a. Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
b. Planning and Organizational Skills;
c. Web SCPS or previous experience as Unit Security Supervisor Officer;
d. Monitor Mass; and
e. Electronic Staffing and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Basic description of duties: 1. Position Description: The BTL/ULO Asst Coord (Flt) Sgt oversees the BTL/ULO Flt comprised of 60 to 100 members at all times and supports the BTL Flt Commander (Comd).
2. Responsible for: The BTL/ULO Asst Coord Sgt is a supervisory position in which the incumbent is responsible to the BTL/ULO Flight Comd for the discipline, gainful employment, and general administration (i.e. personnel administration, claims, leave, etc.) of all BTL/ULO members attending university and/or employed within the 17 Wing Formation. Duties include the following:
a. Dress and deportment
1) Monitor dress and deportment of BTL/ULO members; and
2) Monitor and enforce discipline of BTL/ULO members.
1) Ensure BTL members are attach posted to their employing units;
2) Ensure BTL/ULO members have access to all pertinent regulations and information;
3) Process Security Clearance applications when required;
4) Manage the + ULO/BTL email account;
5) Track BTL/ULO members' miscellaneous training requirements, physical fitness results and course loading messages;
6) Maintain regular communications with BTL/ULO members throughout the year ensuring adherence to training/place of duty requirements during periods of non-subsidized schooling and breaks in semesters;
7) Ensure leave pass submission requirements regarding summer and holiday leave periods are communicated to BTL/ULO members and that deadlines are adhered to;
8) Maintain the BTL/ULO database ensuring pertinent information is up to date. (ie: personal contact information, employing unit, supervisor's contact information);
9) Ensure BTL/ULO claims are finalized in a timely manner;
10) Ensure financial DOA forms to process education claims are current; and
11) Any other administrative tasks assigned by the BTL/ULO Flt Comd related to BTL/ULO management.
1) Liaise with BTL/ULO Flt Comd to fill 17 Wing taskings when personnel are available;
2) Monitor course dates and availability of BTL/ULO members;
3) Liaise with employing units of BTL/ULO members to confirm that requirements are being met; and
4) Liaise with Subsidized Education Management (SEM) point of contact in Borden, Ontario.
d. Report to BTL/ULO Flt Comd any difficulties or problems that may develop within the BTL/ULO Flt.
Accountable to: The member is directly accountable to BTL/ULO Flt Comd.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Capt Mockford , Wayne
- Position: 007646 - DEPUTY FLT COMD/DEPUTY FLT COMD
- Phone: 204-833-2500 x4754
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Interested candidates must forward a copy of their current MPRR, Personal Resume and Covering Letter describing their quals and experience IAW requirements listed above. Submissions may be made via mail, email or fax to: Capt Mockford, 17 AR Flt D/Flt Comd, CSN 257-4754, FAX csn 257-2885, 17 AR FLT , PO BOX 17000 Stn Forces, Winnipeg, MB R3J 3Y5.
B. Candidate selection will be IAW AFO 5006-15 RCAF Reserve Employment Selection Processes
C. Interviews: Applicants who have been successfully screened, as meeting the essential prerequisites, will be contacted for an interview if required.