Competition Closing Date: 12-DEC-2019
From: C Army
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - C Army - MGEN GEORGE R. PEARKES BLDG 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 110 O'Connor Street, Ottawa, Ontario (moving to Carling in fall of 2019))
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- C Army has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 00002-01-Officer, or 90000-ATR to commence on 03-SEP-2019 until 02-SEP-2022. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
The following ranks may apply but will only be considered should no Maj apply and found suitable: LCol willing to relinquish rank, and Capt eligible for promotion to Maj.
- MOS ID: 00002-01-Officer, or 90000-ATR
- Language: English or French essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- AOC or equivalent is requried, JCSP is desired.
- Unit Qualifications Remarks:
- A. Experience working in a planning role within a unit and / or Formation HQ;
B. Understanding of CA doctrine and its application at Formation level;
C. Highly skilled in verbal communications, and can lead group discussions;
D. Experience in writing correspondence (including briefings and Briefing Notes) for higher level distribution;
E. Ability to navigate complex staff processes, including project management, through various Lines of Governance and
Authorities, with a high degree of independence;
F. Familiarity of the Army Structures and Establishment;
G. Demonstrate initiative, a sense of responsibility and a good understanding of mission analysis.
H. Can establish and maintain networking with various stakeholders
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Knowledge of Army operations and training; and
B. Knowledge of CAF personnel policies and administration.
C. Understanding the Operational Planning Process and familiarity with the concept of project management.
- Basic description of duties: A. DLFD Structure Integration 4 is responsible for the development specific files that are related to the Army Structures. This Staff
Officer is responsible for:
(1) Developing plan for specific files that will evolve into a Master Implementation Directive;
(2) Organizing and coordinating Force Development Working Groups;
(3) Maintaining subject matter expertise on own files; and
(4) Contribute to peers files when needed and available.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. Priority will be given to applicants in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Marcoux , Guy
- Position: 076670 - DDLFD/DLR 10
- Phone: 613-971-7489
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Please include a CV and MPRR