Competition Closing Date: 18-DEC-2019
From: C Army
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - C Army - MGEN GEORGE R. PEARKES BLDG 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 110 O'Connor Street, Ottawa ON. As of October 2019, NDHQ (Carling), Ottawa)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. CANFORGEN 132/17 CMP 065/17 121312Z AUG 17, Identification of Official Languages Requirements for Primary Reserve Positions
- C Army has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00203-01-PAO to commence on 26-AUG-2019 until 25-AUG-2022. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
The following ranks may apply but will only be considered should no Capt apply and found suitable. Maj willing to relinquish rank and Lt eligible for promotion to Capt. Lt not eligible for promotion may be considered for under-ranking.
- MOS ID: 00203-01-PAO
Other MOSIDs may be considered if no suitable candidate is found in the required MOSID.
- Language: English or French essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- For non-PAO applicants, UPAR course would be considered an asset.
- Competency Remarks:
- a. Strong verbal and written communication skills, english essential, but preferably in both official languages;
b. Excellent interpersonal skills;
c. Self-starter who can work under pressure;
d. Motivated to work without supervision according to an assigned schedule;
e. Strong knowledge of ms office software suite (excel, word, ppt);
f. Strong research, organizational and planning skills essential;
g. Ability to carry out assigned tasks with a min of supervision;
h. Ability to work individually; and
i. Ability to work in public affairs roles in support of strategic planning and engagement issues.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Experience with PA or as a UPAR in an Army environment preferred;
b. Experience developing and drafting PA products including articles preferred;
c. Experience in a HQ environment - experience in CA HQ preferred;
d. Knowledge of staff duties - knowledge of CA HQ and Army PA staff duties preferred.
- Basic description of duties: a. Research and compile information on CA events, operations, exercises from a variety of sources;
b. Input and manage compiled information in excel;
c. Draft and provide input on various PA products including news releases, articles, and infographics;
d. Liase with Army Staff, ADM(PA) and Division PA staffs as required.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO Dodsley , Carin
- Position: 270993 - Imagery Supervisor/Imagery Supervisor
- Phone: 613-971-7123
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Please include a CV & MPRR