Competition Closing Date: 30-JUL-2018
From: HMCS CHAMPLAIN
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - HMCS CHAMPLAIN - PO BOX 5000 STN BUREAU-CHEF, ALOUETTE, QC, G0V 1A0, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- HMCS CHAMPLAIN has a Class B Permanent for a MCpl/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 00003-01-NCM, or 90000-ATR to commence on 01-OCT-2018 until 30-SEP-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/Sgt
- MOS ID: 00003-01-NCM, or 90000-ATR
- Language: French essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. RHIB MAINTAINER 
2. SAFETY MANAGEMENT COURSE 
3. Unit Environment Officer 
4. WHMIS TRAINING 
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: 1. Facility Maintenance:
a. Monitor and coordinate maintenance of facilities by liaising with local RP Ops;
b. Ensure preventive maintenance is performed by local RP Ops;
c. Monitor all work made by contractors under the patronage of local RP Ops; and
d. Act as building Fire Warden.
2. Small Boats Management:
a. Ensure preventive (first line) maintenance is done properly and in a timely manner;
b. Track all documentation related to small boats maintenance and repairs;
c. Liaise with SSO Mat/Infra for all requests related to small boats repair/maintenance/overhaul;
d. Keep SSO Mat/Infra informed of operational status of small boats.
3. Vehicle Fleet Management:
a. Act as NRD Vehicle Fleet Manager;
b. Ensure all vehicle users are duly qualified and that DND 404 candidates are booked on appropriate driver?s courses;
c. Ensure the tracking of DND 416 - Driver/Operator Proficiency Record, DND 404 ? Driver Permit and trailer qualifications;
d. Ensure vehicle accident reports are completed and sent to Support Base Transportation and Safety Officer;
e. Ensure that vehicle safety information is well distributed throughout NRD and among DND 404 holders;
4. Safety and Environmental Management / Risk Management:
a. Act as the NRD Environment Officer;
b. Attend Health and Safety Committee meetings and provide input on facilities condition;
c. Participate to Risk Management committee.
5. Training coordination:
a. Support the training department in day to day management;
b. Conduct training requested by Training Officer;
c. Coordinate BMNQ & BMOQ recruit training;
d. Supervise mechanics? training at the NRD;
e. Perform data entry is NRIMS.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: CPO 2 D'Amours , Mathieu
- Position: 346897 - MIL PERS CPO/MIL PERS CPO
- Phone: 418-694-5560 x4830
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.