Competition Closing Date: 23-JUL-2018
From: CANSOFCOM PRL
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CANSOFCOM PRL - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Startop)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CANSOFCOM PRL has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 23-JUL-2018 until 22-JUL-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Lt/SLt eligible for promotion or Maj/LCdr willing to relinquish their rank can apply but will only be considered if no qualified Capt/Lt(N) are found.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (including Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Competency Remarks:
- Competency Remarks:
(1) Proven leadership skills;
(2) Highly effective written and verbal communication skills;
(3) Excellent planning and organization skills;
(4) Ability to use initiative to adjust priorities and reduce areas of potential friction with little to no notice;
(5) Ability to multi-task;
(6) Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
(7) Ability to create products on behalf of Commander CANSOFCOM and Director Force Sustainment; and
(8) Must be able to work extended hours and weekend
(1) Financial Management experience;
(2) Supply Management experience;
(3) Staff Officer experience;
(4) CANSOFCOM experience;
(5) Operational experience;
(6) Experience in interacting with Other Government Departments and foreign militaries; and
(7) Exceptional dress and deportment.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- 1) Completion of Special Operations Common Environmental Training (SOCET) within the first year of employment;
2) Members of the command are required to wear the CANSOFCOM operational uniform;
3) Must be able to obtain a TS clearance.
- Basic description of duties: 1) Manage/Co-ordinate financial valuation of CANSOFCOM Capital Assets, Inventory, Materiel-In-Use (MIU) and Asset-Pooled-Items (API);
2) Provide financial advice to senior leadership regarding materiel accounting;
3) Provide policy interpretation and procedural guidance to senior leadership and Units with regard to accounting of materiel;
4) Liaise with other L1 organizations to implement any required financial changes within classified instance of DRMIS;
5) Perform ongoing monitoring, variance analysis, and overall accuracy of CANSOFCOM's operating expenses;
6) Prepare and post adjusting journal entries, including price corrections and materiel in use adjustments;
7) Responsible for year-end reporting requirements related to materiel accounting;
8) Act as CANSOFCOM Audit Liaison Officer for varying external audits related to materiel accounting;
9) Develop improvement initiatives for CANSOFCOM related to materiel accounting; and
10) Conduct performance checks at Units and HQ to ensure policy compliance with departmental and governmental Accounting policies.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Bacon , Jimmy
- Position: R99986399 - RECEIPT/ARRIVÉE
- Phone: 613-945-2278
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Applicants must provide a Cover Letter detailing how they meet the required and secondary requirements of the position. Letter must be attached to REO nomination in MCS Personnel prior to closing of competition.
Questions specific to the requirements and duties of the position may be directed to Maj Eric Hardy at 613-993-4059.
Please consult the following intranet site and click on the "CANSOFCOM Screening Process" for additional requirements under :
You are required to complete the forms included in the screening process (listed below) and include them in your screening file with:
(1) an updated copy of your MPRR;
(2) a copy of your current fitness test results; and
Once the file is complete, your unit must then forward your screening file to the hiring CANSOFCOM unit for further processing.
NOTE: Units are NOT to forward PERs files, UERs or Conduct Sheets to the hiring CANSOFCOM Unit.
- CANSOFCOM Application for Service (DND 2984)
(Defence Forms Catalogue (DFC)
- CANSOFCOM Training And Experience Resume,
2 April 2014 (PDF Version, 61 KB)
- Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Information (DND 2789)
(Defence Forms Catalogue (DFC)
Note: Once submitted you will not receive a copy of your CPIC results. These will be forwarded directly to the hiring CANSOFCOM unit.