Competition Closing Date: 19-JUL-2018
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - CMP - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Carling Campus)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CMP has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 05-JUL-2018 until 30-SEP-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Lt(N) eligible for promotion and LCol/Cdr willing to relinquish their rank for the duration of the contract may apply, however they will only be considered if no suitable Maj/LCdr is found. IAW QR&O 11.12 para 4. A Res F mbr who relinquishes their rank and reverts to a lower rank for the duration of the Class B employment, may be authorized (provided there are no substantive reasons to the contrary) to be promoted to the rank held prior to the relinquishment at the conclusion of the Class "B" service, provided they meet all requirements for promotion. Capt/Lt(N) not eligible for promotion may also apply but will only be considered if no promotable Capt/Lt(N), substantive Maj/LCdr, or LCol/Cdr willing to relinquish their rank is found.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Reliability Status
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Strong communicator;
C. Strong staff and writing skills required
- Basic description of duties: Chief Military Personnel is leading a complete review of CAF personnel support on behalf of the CDS, called the Journey. A Major staff officer is required to assist COS Strat in implementing the Journey initiative, including the following tasks:
A. Thoroughly developing tasked concepts;
B. Review and document, in detail, all associated references, to include listing all refs that require any changes (what is the ref, what are the changes, who is responsible for ref);
C. Ensure all stakeholders related to the initiative, both internal and external to CAF are included in any/all associated discussions, and all stakeholders are listed in your Planning Gp Report;
D. Provide cross-functional input to other related Journey initiatives - ensure close coordination is maintained and the tracking of on-going CAF projects to ensure connectivity, synchronicity and synergy between initiatives as they are developed;
E. Review the list of identified stakeholders and ensure appropriate stakeholder coverage is achieved;
F. Notify Directorate of Journey initiatives in the event of a significant change of circumstances which might impact the achievement of any sub-initiatives;
G. Break out and provide updates on any aspect of the initiative that could be completed earlier than others as they become known;
H. Ensure Public Affairs requirements are detailed and noted for each initiative/sub initiative; and
I. Define any required C2 relationships.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Dupuis , Daniel
- Position: M101362944 - COS COORDINATION, COS STRAT - MPC/COS COORDINATION, COS STRAT - MPC
- Phone: 613-901-9820
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Applicants to submit resume, cover letter, MPRR.