Competition Closing Date: 09-JUL-2018
From: CANSOFCOM PRL
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - CANSOFCOM PRL - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: CSOR / ROSC, Petawawa, Ontario)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- CANSOFCOM PRL has a Class B Permanent for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 04-SEP-2018 until 03-SEP-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
MCpl eligible for promotion or WO willing to relinquish their rank can apply, but will only be considered if no qualified Sgt is found.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- 1. Introduction to GBA+ 
2. Security Awareness A230 [A230E]
- Competency Remarks:
- A. Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
(1) Must have Level II (Secret) clearance;
(2) Experience using common DWAN software, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and Message Drafter;
(3) Working knowledge of Monitor Mass;
(4) Must have working knowledge of MITE;
(5) Must have completed GBA+;
(6) Must have completed Security Awareness A230;
(7) Must have good interpersonal and customer service skills;
(8) Able to provide superior customer service to a variety of clients with different requirements;
(9) Must be able to deal with periods of stress as a result of deadlines, client inquiries, and unforeseen daily occurrences;
(10) Experience with records management;
(11) Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication skills, using correct military formats;
(12) When required, be prepared to work extended hours and weekends in order to maintain the section's operational requirements; and
(13) Must hold and retain a valid DND 404 Driver Permit, or be able to obtain one.
B. Applicants who demonstrate the following knowledge, skills or experience may have an advantage:
(1) Experience with HRMS 8.9;
(2) Control all IT training for (1) DOM/US/International;
(3) Working knowledge of CFTPO;
(4) Knowledge of Training Safety (381-001);
(5) Knowledge of Training Waivers;
(6) Unit Ethics Coordinator;
(7) First-aid Instructor;
(8) Experience preparing briefing notes, PowerPoint presentations, and delivering (1) back briefs; and
(9) Experience with previous employment at CANSOFCOM.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Basic description of duties: A. The Individual Training Coordinator (Indv Trg Coord) is responsible to the Regimental Training Master Warrant Officer (Regt'l Trg MWO) for the efficient management and overall processing of individual training requirements, for members of the Canadian Special Operations Regiment (CSOR).
B. The Indv Trg Coord is responsible for:
(1) Obtaining permissions to be able to run specialized courses;
(2) Building, nominating, scheduling, and matching personnel to specialize courses, within MITE;
(3) Verifying training has been completed, and proper qualifications are granted to members' HRMS profiles;
(4) Be able to assist/step-in for CFTPO NCO, with managing CFTPO taskings/courses;
(5) Having a good understanding for training safety (381-001) and other Regimental reference material, to be able to advise of appropriate prerequisites for individual training;
(6) Tracking all continental and international paperwork for members travelling on course; and
(7) Preparing briefing notes, PowerPoint presentations and conducting back briefs to the chain-of-command IRT individual training.
C. In addition to the primary duties listed above, the Indv Trg Coord is responsible for all other duties as assigned.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Longpré , Dylan
- Position: 318772 - ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II/ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
- Phone: 613-687-5511 x7056
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: IMPORTANT: In order for your application to be considered, submit your Notice of Intent (NOI) in addition to applying for the REO, before the REO deadline. INCLUDE the REO number in the "Supporter/specialist desired position(s)" box, in the NOI form. Your NOI can only be submitted on the Intranet (http://intranet.mil.ca/en/personnel/mil/cansofcom-supporter-res-1.page).
This position offers opportunity for Land Duty Allowance (LDA) and Special Operations Allowance (SOA) (ref: CBIs 205, section 205.33 & 205.3855 -- http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-benefits/index.page).
This is a permanent Class B position with initial continued engagement for a three year period. Continued employment up to six years, as per ref A, may be possible based upon authorization of the approval authority, acceptable performance, and organizational requirements.