Competition Closing Date: 31-JUL-2018
From: COS VCDS
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - COS VCDS - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- COS VCDS has a Class B Temporary for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 30-JUN-2018 until 30-NOV-2020. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Maj/LCdr. LCol/Cdr willing to relinquish, Capt/Lt(N) qualified for promotion to Maj/LCdr may apply but will only be considered should no Maj/LCdr apply and be found suitable.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: Bilingual
- EN Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- EN Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- EN OI Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Reading Level: B - Intermediate
- FR Writing Level: B - Intermediate
- FR OI Level: B - Intermediate
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- MINIMUM DP2 (JSOP) REQUIRED; IDEALLY DP3 ( JCSP) COMPLETED OR ONGOING
- Competency Remarks:
- MUST POSSESS STRONG ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. EXPOSURE TO STRATEGIC POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND ISSUES MANAGEMENT AT THE L0/L1 LEVEL IS PREFERRED; WILL GREATLY ASSIST KEY RESPONSIBILITY OF OVERSIGHT AND COORDINATION OF STRONG SECURE ENGAGED (SSE) POLICY IMPLEMENTATION ACTIVITIES ACROSS THE PAN CAF/DND;
B. MOTIVATED SELF-STARTER, ABLE TO RESEARCH, INTERPRET, COLLATE AND ANALYSE COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES SUCH AS E-MAIL, POLICY DOCUMENTS, WORKING GROUPS, AND ORIGINAL RESEARCH;
C. KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE OF NDHQ FUNCTIONAL MATRIX, GOVERNANCE, RELATIONSHIPS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES;
D. STRONG ADMINISTRATIVE AND INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS; AND
E. WORKS WELL AS TEAM LEADER / TEAM MEMBER.
- Basic description of duties: DIRECT STAFF ASSISTANT TO THE COS VCDS, WILL WORK WITH THE ENTIRE VCDS EXECUTIVE TEAM. ENABLER TO THE COS VCDS TO ALLOW HIM/HER TO FULFILL THE FULL RANGE OF DUTIES & TASKS ESPECIALLY IN THE AREA OF OVERSIGHT AND COORDINATION OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SSE IN CONJUNCTION WITH L1 SSE IMPLEMENTATION TEAMS ACROSS THE CAF/DND
A. CONDUCT DETAILED RESEARCH, PREPARE BRIEFING NOTES, DIRECTIVES AND OTHER DOCUMENTS;
B. ATTEND HIGH LEVEL MEETINGS ON BEHALF OF THE COS VCDS AS L1 REP;
C. LIAISE, COORDINATE AND COLLABORATE WITH ALL APPROPRIATE COMMANDS, L1'S, GROUPS, FORMATIONS AND UNITS INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL TO THE VCDS GP IN THE COURSE OF EFFECTING THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DUTIES ASSIGNED;
D. PERFORM THE ROLE OF SECRETARY IN MEETINGS AND WORKING GROUPS;
E. TAKE ON OTHER ASSIGNED DUTIES AT SHORT NOTICE AS AND WHEN REQUIRED; AND
F. ANY OR ALL RELATED WORK/DUTIES ASSIGNED BY THE COS VCDS
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Cressman , Cameron Michael
- Position: R99980150 - RECEIPT/ARRIVÉE
- Phone: 613-996-3141
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE FORWARDED THROUGH MONITOR MASS TO THE PARA 7 OPI AS FOLLOWS:
A. COVER SHEET WITH SERVICE NUMBER, RANK, INITIALS AND NAME OF POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR;
B. LETTER OF INTRODUCTION TO THE CV HIGHLIGHTING THE APPLICANT'S SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES IAW THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT PARAS 2 AND 3 ABOVE AND WHY THE APPLICANT IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR THE POSITION DUTIES DESCRIBED AT PARA 4 ABOVE. THE APPLICANT SHOULD ALSO PRESENT ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED SUCH AS
(1)PERSONAL LIMITATIONS THAT MAY AFFECT THEIR SERVICE PERFORMANCE
(2)COMMENTS REGARDING ANY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION THAT MAY NOT BE UP TO DATE IN HRMS SUCH AS LANGUAGE PROFILE, PHYSICAL FITNESS OR MEDICAL;
(3)PERSONNAL REFERENCES COORDINATES
(4)RANK, NAME, POSITION AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF THE APPLICANT'S CURRENT SUPERVISOR (IF APPLICABLE)
(5)CONFIRMATION OF WHETHER OR NOT MEMBER IS IN RECEIPT OF A PENSION UNDER THE CFSA ATTRIBUTABLE TO REG F SVC;
C. CANDIDATE 'S CV. CIVILIAN WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS IN ADDITION TO CAF RELATED EXPERIENCE SHOULD BE CLEARLY IDENTIFIED; IT IS HIGHLY RELEVANT AND WILL BE TAKEN IN CONSIDERATION;
D. INITIAL SCREENING FOR THE POSN WILL BE BASED ON HRMS DATA AND MEMBER'S MPRR (REG F AND RES F); IT WILL IDENTIFY:
(1)SERVICE NUMBER, RANK, NAME, INITIALS, MOS ID
(2)PARENT UNIT AND DEPT ID (RES F)
(3)EMPLOYING UNIT DEPT ID, POSITION NUMBER, POSITION NAME, LOCATION, TEL NUMBER
(4)DATE OF PROMOTION TO PRESENT RANK AND IPC
(5)SECURITY LEVEL AND EFFECTIVE DATE
(6)LINGUISTIC PROFILE AND (LAST) TESTING DATE
(7)DATE AND CATEGORY OF LAST MEDICAL; ANY MEDICAL EMPLOYMENT LIMITATIONS
(8)FORCE TEST COMPLETION DATE, LEVEL ACHIEVED
(SOURCE DOCUMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED).