Competition Closing Date: 30-JUL-2018
From: JTFN HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - JTFN HQ - PO BOX 6666 STN MAIN, YELLOWKNIFE, NT, X1A 2R3, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- JTFN HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 01-JUL-2018 until 30-JUN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
MBRS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO CAPT/LT(N) AND MAJ/LCDR WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK CAN APPLY, BUT WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED CAPT/LT(N) IS AVAILABLE.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. Experience with Operational Planning Process (either practical or course based: ATOC, JSOP, AOC);
b. Experience planning operations, exercises or training events;
c. Knowledge of Joint Doctrine;
d. Knowledge of Federal Emergency Management Act;
e. Experience on CAF operations in the North;
f. Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products; and
g. Experience/Knowledge of Training Safety, templating and range design, approval processes.
- Basic description of duties: The incumbent shall report to the J3 and maintain liaison and awareness of all J5 planning processes related to JTFN Operations and exercises. They will inform the J5 planning process of specific J3 responsibilities and aid in developing plans and conducting necessary J3 processes to obtain required approvals for JTFN operations and exercises. The incumbent will attend planning conferences associated with the operational planning processes and deploy on operations in various positions. Incumbent will also be required to support the J3 cell with maintaining awareness of activities in the North and assist in processes to ensure Comd JTFN situational awareness of the JTFN AOR in order to anticipate potential issues and Requests for Assistance. At times, incumbent will be required to assist in planning for rapid reaction operations and deploy as a LO or as a member of the Commander's Assessment Team in reaction to Requests for Assistance and/or other activities occurring within the JTFN AOR.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member may live in service accommodation.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: Govt housing may be available for married and single pers.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Chiasson , Raymond
- Position: 303287 - J3/J3
- Phone: 867-873-0700 x6944
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Relocation benefits may be auth but must be approved by DCBA Res prior to any financial commitments being made.
B. Isolated Post Allowance will be paid IAW CBI Chap 11
C. Interested candidates should submit the fol:
- Military Personnel Resume Report (MPRR)
-Personal resume with refs min three
-Force Fitness Test completion date or date scheduled to be tested.
-Confirmation of whether or not mbr is in receipt of a pension under CFSA, or whether or not member is a former contributor under the CFSA
D. Screening for isolated post must be completed prior to hiring
E. Preference will be given to local applicants who meet the requirements.
-IMPOSED RESTRICTION IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR RESERVIST ON CLASS B CONTRACT