Competition Closing Date: 12-JUL-2018
From: 1 ESU
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 1 ESU - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, KINGSTON, ON, K7K 7B4, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- 1 ESU has a Class B Permanent for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 02-JUL-2018 until 01-JUL-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Rank Capt/ Lt(N): Mbrs eligible for promotion to Capt/ Lt(N) and Maj/LCdr who are willing to relinquish their rank can apply, but will only be considered if no qualified Capt/ Lt(N) is available.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
Logistics Offrs with Fin or Supply background are preferred. Offrs from other backgrounds or trades may be considered.
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- A. Ph 4 Log qualified or equivalent (supply background with financial and administration experience an asset).
B. CDWT, expenditure management, contract certification courses, green procurement and controlled goods awareness (must be completed prior to start of employment).
C. DRMIS trained (view only).
D. Managing civilian human resources course (completed prior to start employment).
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Skills required:
A. Strong computer skills, particularly the MS Office suite.
B. Second language profile (BBB) an asset.
C. Be able to DAG green for deployment (including FORCE Combat).
- Basic description of duties: A. Log O, including QM, Tn, IT/IM, and technical library for the unit.
B. Supervisor for the QM (4 pers), Fin (2 pers), and IT/IM (2 pers) sections. Includes 3 civ posns, and casual civilian and Class A reserve positions.
C. Plan, develop, and coord unit Fin, QM, Tn, and IT/IM requirements.
D. Coord procurement and contracting svcs and maintain unit funding envelope on behalf of the RC Manager, including non-public funds.
E. Life cycle management of all unit eqpt.
F. Primary source of information and advice on Log and Fin matters for the unit.
G. Liaison with CFB Kingston, CFJOSG, and CJOC on Log and Fin matters.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Legarie , Cindy
- Position: 073409 - DCO/DCO
- Phone: 613-687-5511 x7405
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Local area applicants or those willing to move at own expense will be given preference.
This position is subject to operational deployments. Mbr must meet all requirements for deployed Ops, including Force Combat.
Please attach the following information:
Pers resume outlining suitability for posn, a copy of current MPRR and three references with contact information, preferable former or current employers / military supervisors.