Competition Closing Date: 02-AUG-2018
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - DGEAS - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: Ottawa, ON)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- DGEAS has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 16-JUN-2018 until 15-JUN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
Capt/Lt(N) who are fully eligible for substantive promotion and LCol who are willing to relinquish their rank can apply, but will only be considered if no qualified Maj/LCdr is available.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- 1. ABOC qualified preferred.
2. Members holding an enhanced reliability check may apply and be appointed to the position, however a successful applicant will be required to apply for an upgrade to Secret immediately upon acceptance of any job offer. Should the upgrade be denied, employment may be terminated using the procedures detailed in Ref A (e.g. 30 days' notice).
3. Experience working as a formation level headquarters IMO (i.e. ranch/Division/Wing/Fleet) or able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of the following topics:
c. Information Life-cycle;
d. Electronic document management;
e. Microsoft Office Suite including MS Outlook;
f. DND/CAF IM policies and procedures; and
g. Information System Technologies.
4. Demonstrate functional knowledge of the following applications:
a. MS SharePoint;
b. MS Office Suite including MS Outlook; and
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- Secondary requirements of position, as applicable:
a. Basic knowledge of information architecture;
b. Basic knowledge of business process modeling;
c. Exceptional oral and written communications skills;
d. Comfortable working within a military/civilian organization;
e. Knowledge of the DND/CAF departmental structure and command hierarchy, and ability to seek information within this construct;
f. Knowledge and experience with management practices and techniques for work forecasting, scheduling and planning;
g. Ability to work with minimum supervision and take appropriate initiative, and with minimal direction;
h. Comfortable dealing with senior staff and external DND/CAF organizations;
i. Comfortable working within and operating within a coalition setting; and
j. Knowledge of and/or experience working with NATO or FVEYs.
- Basic description of duties: Under normal circumstances, the primary day-to-day duties of the incumbent of the position will consist of:
a. Responsible to further the development, implementation and evolution of DND/CAF IM governance (IM Strategy, IM Plans, IM Instructions);
b. Provide IM subject matter expertise from an operational point of view to DND/CAF senior management;
c. Provide CAF operational IM context/advice to DKIM staff;
d. Provide operational subject matter expertise in support of the further development and execution of the IKMS Course;
e. Provide recommendations and support the IKMS Course instructor cadre;
f. Represent Directorate of Information Knowledge Management (DKIM) in providing DND/CAF strategic input for the improvement of CAF Joint IM Doctrine
g. Attend DND/CAF IM related meetings as directed;
h. Represent DND/ADM(IM)/DGEAS/DKIM and participate in NATO/coalition Information Management conferences, planning sessions, working groups and governance meetings;
i. Represent ADM(IM)/DGEAS/DKIM as strategic IM LO on any operational planning process with relation to exercises (e.g. JOINTEX, JWA, LSE, etc.) and operations (e.g. OP IMPACT, OP REASSURANCE, etc.);
j. Act as subject matter expertise on IM requirements towards the development and evolution of operational information exchange requirement between multiple records management platforms;
k. Maintaining effective liaison with internal, external and international stakeholders.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Civ Llewellyn , Simon
- Position: 819062 - MANAGER IM INTEGRATION/MANAGER IM INTEGRATION
- Phone: 613-901-6370
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Please include a CV & MPRR.
Possibility of 3 years extension.