Competition Closing Date: 27-AUG-2018
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 1 Nicholas Street)
A. CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL (CMP) INSTR 20/04, ADMIN POLICY OF CL A, B AND C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-10 OR CFAO 49-11 ENROLLMENT NCMS OR OFFICERS
C. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM(CFIRP)
D. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-15, AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
E. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-17, PROMOTION POLICY AIR RESERVE
F. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08, COMPONENT TRANSFER -EFFECT ON CFSA PENSION ENTITLEMENT
H. A-MD-154-000/FB-00 APPENDIX 1 AND 2, ANNEX E, MEDICAL STANDARDS FOR THE CF
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12, CHANGES TO ADMIN OF ANNUITANTS
J. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12, REVISED HIRING AND EMPLOY PRACTICES ANNUITANTS
- C Air Force has a Class A for a LCol/LCol MOS ID/Occupation 90016-AOPS to commence on 28-MAY-2018 until 27-MAY-2038. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: LCol/LCol
This position is established at the rank of LCol. Applicants eligible for promotion to LCol may be considered if no suitable LCol is available. Col willing to relinquish their rank will be considered if no eligible LCol is available. Maj not eligible for promotion will also be considered should no other suitable candidate be available.
- MOS ID: 90016-AOPS
- Language: English or French
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
(1) Experience as a Project Director or Project Manager in the DND procurement system;
(2) Experience with Government procurement programs (equipment or services contract);
(3) Experience as an instructor or standards staff within a CAF training establishment;
(4) Experience using the Defence Learning Network as a platform for courseware delivery (courseware development/ delivery/ update/ conduct/ other);
(5) Experience with simulation systems for individual and collective training;
(6) NDHQ staff experience or equivalent.;
(7) Experience with CAF Business Planning;
(8) Knowledge of DLN software and systems;
(9) Knowledge of the Canadian Forces Individual Training and Education System (CFITES);
(10) Knowledge of the Aircrew Proficiency Levels; and
(11) CFCSC or a Master's Degree.
- Basic description of duties: The incumbent shall serve as the Program Manager within the Directorate of Air Simulation and Training (D Air Sim & Trg) responsible primarily to act as the RCAF manager and Technical Authority for legacy and future contracted training services. Simulation training services usually include Government-owned, Contractor-operated e-learning and simulation systems such as at the CC130J and CH147 Operational Training Units. Typically, ADM (Mat) retains responsibility for materiel management and support from the local Construction Engineering authority for infrastructure.
Applicants may obtain further amplification/details of the posn found on the terms of accountabilty (TOA) from OPI listed in para 7.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Springate , Blair
- Position: 258622 - D Air Sim & Trg 5-CFTS/NFTC Tech Auth/D Air Sim & Trg 5-CFTS/NFTC Tech Auth
- Phone: 613-998-4346
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. This employment will include approximately 12 days Class A per month with the possibility of surge to Class B to the authorized maximum within regulations.
B. Start date of employment is negotiable.
C. Should more than one identical candidate be found suitable by the selection board, preference will be given to the candidate residing in the geographical area of Ottawa.
D. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references, including current or former supervisor.
E. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15:
(1) Priority 1 - Applicants at rank, who meet all of the essential requirements of the position; or applicants who are eligible for promotion to the rank of the position and meet all the essential requirements of the position;
(2) Priority 2 - Applicants at rank, who do not meet all of the essential requirements of the position or applicants who are not eligible for promotion but meet all the essential requirements for promotion; and
(3) Priority 3 - Applicants who are over the established rank of the position, who meet all the essential qualifications and are willing to relinquish rank to the substantive rank of the position.
F. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.