Competition Closing Date: 11-JUN-2018
From: 406 (M) OTS
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - 406 (M) OTS - PO BOX 5000 STN MAIN, SHEARWATER, NS, B0J 3A0, CA
A. CHIEF MILITARY PERSONNEL (CMP) INSTR 20/04, ADMIN POLICY OF CL A, B AND C RES SVC
B. CFAO 49-10, TERMS OF SVC OFFICERS PRIMARY RESERVE
C. CANADIAN FORCES INTEGRATED RELOCATION PROGRAM (CFIRP), ADDENDUM 9, CHAPTER 13
D. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-15, AIR RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
E. AIR FORCE ORDER (AFO) 5006-17, PROMOTION - AIR RESERVE
F. DAOD 5023-2 PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM
G. CANFORGEN 018/08 ADM FIN CS 001/08 232003Z JAN 08 - COMPONENT TRANSFER - EFFECT ON CFSA PENSION BENEFIT ENTITLEMENT
H. A-MD-154-000/FP-000 ANNEX 3 APPENDIX 1
I. CANFORGEN 070/12 CMP 033/12 101602Z APR 12
J. C AIR FORCE 16/12 CANAIRGEN 012/12 111907Z APR 12
- 406 (M) OTS has a Class A for a Lt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00182-15-ACSO, or 00182-01-ACSO to commence on 18-JUN-2018 until 17-JUN-2038. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Regular Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Lt/Capt
- MOS ID: 00182-15-ACSO, or 00182-01-ACSO
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- 1. Valid Aircrew Medical
2. Fit flying duties
- Competency (Qualifications):
- 1. FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR [AIMB]
2. QUALIFICATION STANDARD MANAGER [AKLW]
3. TRAINING PLAN MANAGER [AKLX]
4. INSTRUCTIONAL SUPERVISOR [AHCJ]
- Competency Remarks:
- Qualifications above considered an asset. However, if not already qualified, mbr may be required to complete trg on employment selection for continued employment.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. CH148 flying experience considered an asset;
b. ASCO Instructor experience;
c. ASCO Standards experience;
d. QS,TP, and Courseware experience; and
e. Experience working with contractors
- Basic description of duties: Flight Instructor/Monitor (ACSO) works in concert with the Operational Training Flight Commander (OTFC) and the Quality Assurance Officer (QAO), and reports to the Commanding Officer (CO) of 406 (M) OTS to carry out aircrew and standards tasks. Duties to include:
a. Maintain CH148 Flight Instructor Category
b. Conduct ground and airborne instruction
c. Conduct ground and airborne instruction monitoring
d. Fly as a CH148 crew member to support the 12 Wing Flying Program
e. Conduct flight/ground training and monitoring sessions for instructors
f. Advise instructional staff and trainees on training and standards matters
g. As required, assist the Quality Assurance Officer with aircrew standards related tasks, such as: review and amendment of trg documents, process of course critiques, and evaluation of CH-148 courseware
h. Perform other duties or assignments as designated by the Commanding Officer, 406 (M) OTS
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: MWO Dimmer , Henry
- Position: 064962 - RECRUITING & TRG WO/RECRUITING & TRG WO
- Phone: 902-720-1945
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Applications to include a Covering Letter, Resume and a current MPRR.
B. Class "A" position with potential periods of surge to full time each year related to OP Tempo and available resources.
C. Should there be more than one applicant; the most suitable candidate will be identified by Selection Board.
D. Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.