Competition Closing Date: 13-JUN-2018
From: 2 Cdn Air Div HQ
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 2 Cdn Air Div HQ - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, WINNIPEG, MB, R3J 3Y5, CA (Actual Employment Location: WINNIPEG)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. AFO 5006-15 - RCAF Reserve Employment Selection Processes
G. AFO 5006-17 - RCAF Reserve Promotion Policy
- 2 Cdn Air Div HQ has a Class B Permanent for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 90000-ATR to commence on 18-JUN-2018 until 17-JUN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
MCpl eligible for substantive promotion and WO willing to permanently relinquish their rank will be considered.
- MOS ID: 90000-ATR
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- A. Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and, particularly Excel; and
B. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- A. Proficiency in interpreting and applying Canadian Armed Forces personnel policies and financial policies such as DAODs, CFAOs, AFOs, and APM 245 to provide guidance and to resolve RCAF Reserve student issues with respect to leave, pay and allowances, TD entitlements, claims etc;
B. Working knowledge of Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS) and financial management processes including system adjustments, and Departmental Travel Expense Account reconciliation.
C. Working knowledge of cash forecast, compiling and submitting report;
D. Knowledge planning financial transitions from old to new fiscal year (i.e. identifying, submitting and managing Payable at Year End (PAYEs);
E. Familiarisation with the Canadian Forces Individual Training and Education System (CFITES) and the Military Individual Training and Education (MITE) Processes;
F. Familiarisation of Integrated Occupation Specifications (IOs), Job-Based Occupation Specifications (JBOS), and Job-Based Specifications (JBS); and
G. Familiarisation of Qualification Standards (QSs) and Training Plans (TPs).
- Basic description of duties: Res Trg 2-2 is accountable to Res Trg 2 for assisting in the coordinating all required occupation/trades training for RCAF Reserve NCM candidates including Basic Military Qualification Training with the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group and the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School, QL3/Pte RQ/DP1, QL4, QL5A/Cpl RQ/DP2, QL5B, QL6A/DP3, QL6B/DP4, QL7 for all occupations/MOSIDs that are currently employed in the RCAF Reserve (including Army, and Navy, MOSIDs). Reviewing compliance to training and qualification standards for ab initios, sub-component transfers from the Supp Res, COATS, Rangers, Army Reserve & Navy Reserve, NDHQ PRL, Medical Reserve and other PRLs. Conducting research to provide up to date guidance to assist units in resolving issues with, travel, accommodation, leave, pay & allowances, TD entitlements etc. that may arise during 2 CAD HQ funded training period of employment (POE).
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: N/A
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: MWO Berthiaume , Daniel
- Position: 080762 - RES TRG 2 / INSTR RÉS 2/RES TRG 2 / INSTR RÉS 2
- Phone: 204-833-2500 Ext 2188
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE IAW AFO 5006-15.
SELECTION THROUGH THE AFO 5006-15 PROCESS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE APPROVAL FOR PROMOTION. PROMOTIONS MUST BE REQUESTED AND APPROVED BY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST BE NOMINATED THROUGH REO. NOMINATION MUST INCLUDE CURRENT MPRR, PERSONAL RESUME AND COVERING LETTER DESCRIBING QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOL INFO IF MORE UP TO DATE THAN THE MPRR:
A. CURRENT ESTABLISHMENT (QUOTE PEOPLESOFT UNQUOTE) POSN NUMBER, PARENT UNIT AND UIC
B. DATE OF PROMOTION TO CURRENT RANK
C. SECURITY CLEARANCE LEVEL AND DATE
D. FORCE EVALUATION DATE OR DATE SCHEDULED TO BE TESTED
E. LINGUISTIC ABILITIES AND, IF AVAL, TESTING DATES
F. CONFIRMATION OF WHETHER OR NOT MBR IS IN RECEIPT OF A PENSION UNDER THE CFSA ATTRIBUTED TO REG F OR RES F SVC
G. DATE AND CATEGORY OF LAST MEDICAL AND ANY MEDICAL EMPLOYMENT LIMITATIONS
H. COVERING LETTER DESCRIBING MBR S QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE
I. ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFO THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE EMPLOYER (PERSONAL LIMITATIONS AFFECTING SERVICE PERFORMANCE, ETC)
J. NOMINEES WORK AND HOME PHONE NO
K. MIN TWO REFERENCES