Competition Closing Date: 02-AUG-2018
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - DGMC - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- DGMC has a Class B Permanent for a Maj/Maj MOS ID/Occupation 90024-GSO to commence on 02-JUN-2018 until 01-JUN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Maj/Maj
CDR/LCOL WHO ARE WILLING TO RELINQUISH THEIR RANK AND MEMBERS ELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION TO LCDR/MAJ CAN APPLY BUT THEY WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF NO QUALIFIED MAJ/LCDR ARE FOUND SUITABLE.
- MOS ID: 90024-GSO
LOG HR PREFERABLE
- Language: Bilingual
- EN Reading Level: C - Highest
- EN Writing Level: C - Highest
- EN OI Level: C - Highest
- FR Reading Level: C - Highest
- FR Writing Level: C - Highest
- FR OI Level: C - Highest
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- (1) STRONG ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
(2) ABILITY TO WORK AS A TEAM LEADER.
(3) ABILITY TO DEAL EFFECTIVELY WITH ALL LEVELS OF MILITARY AND PUBLIC SERVICES EMPLOYEES.
(4) EXPERIENCE IN GRIEVANCE PROCESS OR ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEWS.
(5) EXPERIENCE IN CAREER MANAGEMENT.
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- (1) BACHELOR DEGREE (PREFERABLE)
- Basic description of duties: A. SUPERVISE FIVE GRIEVANCE ANALYSTS (1 X CAPT, 1 X MWO, 3 X AS4)
B. ANALYSE MILITARY CAREER MANAGEMENT RELATED GRIEVANCES
C. EXAMINING REDRESS POLICY AND LEGISLATION
D. DRAFT GRIEVANCE DECISIONS FOR APPROVAL AT DGMC LEVEL
E. RESEARCHING AND INVESTIGATING
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. Ref: CANFORGEN 145/12 CMP 063/12 301435Z JUL 12
If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Cdr Steele , Jeffrey
- Position: 065075 - DMCPG 3/DMCPG 3
- Phone: 613-901-8065
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: RESUME MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE CLOSING DATE OF COMPETITION. THIS EMPLOYMENT IS OFFERED WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION.