Competition Closing Date: 16-MAY-2018
From: 402 Sqn
Subj: Class B Permanent Res Svc opportunity - 402 Sqn - PO BOX 17000 STN FORCES, WINNIPEG, MB, R3J 3Y5, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. AFO 5006-15 - Air Reserve Selection Process
G. AFO 5006-17 - Air Reserve Promotion Policy
- 402 Sqn has a Class B Permanent for a MCpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 00135-01-AVN TECH to commence on 01-JUN-2018 until 31-MAY-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/MCpl
Cpl eligible for promotion. Should no candidates meet the stated rank of position or eligible for promotion to MCpl, then Sgt's willing to relinquish their rank; and Cpl's not eligible for promotion will be considered
- MOS ID: 00135-01-AVN TECH
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Option 2 (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- ASSET (DESIRABLE) EXPERIENCE AND QUALS:
A. EXCELLENT INTER-PERSONAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS;
B. DISPLAYS DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS FOR DEVELOPING PEERS AND SUBORDINATES;
C. ABLE TO CARRY OUT AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ON AVN SYSTEMS COMPONENTS AND SUBCOMPONENTS. (DASH 8 SPECIFIC TRAINING AVAILABLE TO SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT IF REQUIRED)
D. SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF AIRCRAFT RECORD KEEPING SYSTEMS.
E. SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF ALL REGULATIONS AND DIRECTIONS WRT GENERAL AND ENVIRO SAFETY AND SECURITY.
F. PERFORM ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR.
- Basic description of duties: Aircraft Servicing & Maintenance Technician carries out aircraft aviation systems maintenance and servicing duties. Provides continuity between the Regular and Reserve Force crews for weekend and holiday maintenance activities.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? YES
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: Maj Schock , Stewart
- Position: 130708 - AFRC/AFRC
- Phone: 204-833-2500 x2218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: CANDIDATE SELECTION WILL BE IAW AFO 5006-15 RCAF RESERVE EMPLOYMENT SELECTION PROCESSES
SELECTION THROUGH THE AFO 5006-15 PROCESS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE APPROVAL FOR PROMOTION. PROMOTIONS MUST BE REQUESTED AND APPROVED BY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY THROUGH MONITOR MASS AND PROVIDE A COPY OF THEIR CURRENT MPRR, PERSONAL RESUME AND COVERING LETTER DESCRIBING THEIR QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE. APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOL INFO IF MORE UP TO DATE THAN THE MPRR:
A. CURRENT ESTABLISHMENT (QUOTE PEOPLESOFT UNQUOTE) POSN NUMBER, PARENT UNIT AND UIC
B. DATE OF PROMOTION TO CURRENT RANK
C. SECURITY CLEARANCE LEVEL AND DATE
D. CF EXPRES COMPLETION DATE OR DATE SCHEDULED TO BE TESTED
E. LINGUISTIC ABILITIES AND, IF AVAL, TESTING DATES
F. CONFIRMATION OF WHETHER OR NOT MBR IS IN RECEIPT OF A PENSION UNDER THE CFSA ATTRIBUTED TO REG F OR RES F SVC
G. DATE AND CATEGORY OF LAST MEDICAL AND ANY MEDICAL EMPLOYMENT LIMITATIONS
H. COVERING LETTER DESCRIBING MBR S QUALS AND EXPERIENCE IAW REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE
I. ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFO THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE EMPLOYER (PERSONAL LIMITATIONS AFFECTING SERVICE PERFORMANCE, ETC)
J. NOMINEES WORK AND HOME PHONE NO
K. MIN TWO REFERENCES