Competition Closing Date: 25-MAY-2018
From: C Air Force
Subj: Class B Temporary Res Svc opportunity - C Air Force - 101 COLONEL BY DR, OTTAWA, ON, K1A 0K2, CA (Actual Employment Location: 1 Cdn Air Div HQ Winnipeg)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- C Air Force has a Class B Temporary for a Capt/Capt MOS ID/Occupation 00001-GSO or NCM to commence on 01-MAY-2018 until 14-JAN-2019. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Capt/Capt
Lts eligible for immediate substantive promotion to Capt will be considered. Majs willing to permanently relinquish their rank to Capt will be considered if no other suitable applicants apply
- MOS ID: 00001-GSO or NCM
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Competency Remarks:
- (a) Knowledge of Reserve Personnel Administration and Policies;
(b) Highly effective research, writing and oral communication skills
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- i. Experience with MS Office software applications especially ACCESS, WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint;
ii. Comprehensive knowledge of the administrative review process with preferred experience in medical employment limitation processes and period of retention processes;
iii. Experience with the Canadian Forces Personnel Appraisal System (CFPAS) with preferred experience with Selection Board processes;
iv. Experience with HRMS and Monitor MASS;
v. Knowledge of Air Reserve organization and establishment; and
vi. Experience as a Staff officer in a HHQ.
- Basic description of duties: The position of D Air Res 4-2-2 and its subordinate positions exist to provide expertise and timely action in the functions of Reserve Personnel Administration. This includes the processing and coordination of Administrative Reviews, investigations concerning injuries of RCAF Reservists, coordinating Reserve Force Compensation (RFC); and the direct supervision and coordination of RCAF Reserve PER monitoring and National RCAF Reserve Selection Boards.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: LCol Collins , Heather
- Position: 080827 - D AIR RES 4/D AIR RES 4
- Phone: 204-833-2500 x6719
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Start date of employment is negotiable.
B. Applicants must provide:
(1) A personal resume which includes complete residential address and contact phone number(s); and
(2) A covering letter which includes:
I. Description of the qualifications and experience which make them a suitable applicant for this position; and
II. Contact information for two personal references.
C. Selection process will be IAW AFO 5006-15.
D. Selection through the selection process does not constitute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate authority.