Competition Closing Date: 14-AUG-2018
From: CFB Comox
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - CFB Comox - PO BOX 1000 STN MAIN, LAZO, BC, V0R 2K0, CA (Actual Employment Location: 442 Sqn Servicing and/or Maintenance)
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
F. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-15 Air Reserve Employment Selection Processes
G. Air Force Order (AFO) 5006-17 Promotion - Air Reserve
- CFB Comox has a Class A for a MCpl/MCpl MOS ID/Occupation 90005-AIR TECH to commence on 01-MAY-2018 until 30-APR-2028. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Regular Force, Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: MCpl/MCpl
The position is established for a MCpl. Cpls and Sgts willing to relinquish their rank may apply but preference will be given to MCpls.
- MOS ID: 90005-AIR TECH
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals:
- Course Remarks:
- - QL 5
- A/C Maint Policy level 2
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- a. A/C Maint Policy Level 2 (otherwise required to complete course within first 6 weeks of employment);
b. CC115 AVN on A/C Maint;
c. Intro to Controlled Goods;
d. Protection of Controlled Goods;
e. First Aid; and
a. The successful applicant may be required to work on weekends and evenings from time to time and must be flexible in respect to hours of employment on occasion;
b. May be required to travel; and
c. May be temporarily assigned other military duties.
- Basic description of duties: a. Carry out the various trade related aircraft maintenance tasks;
b. Carry out technical post flight de-briefs with aircrew as directed by supervisor;
c. Monitor and follow up on recurring faults on aircraft and equipment;
d. Complete and process all aircraft maintenance forms and records (to the appropriate authorization level) accurately;
e. Initiate any recommendations or UCRs that will improve the work product, work practices, publications or inspection procedures;
f. Ensure OJT requirements are maintained and completed as required;
g. Ensure proper pack up of supply items and return items to supply;
h. Perform all duties IAW the MAP, applicable CFTOs, Squadron Orders and other related publications;
i. Ensure all aspects of the DND General Safety program are followed IAW A-GG-040-001/AG-001 Volume 1, Chapter 2, Individual's Responsibilities;
j. Ensure qualifications are kept current on specialty tasks; and
k. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO Lechasseur , Francois
- Position: 049206 - AM ETO MGR/AM ETO MGR
- Phone: 250-339-8211 x8871
- Email: email@example.com
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: Candidate selection will be iaw AFO 5006-15, RCAF Reserve Employment Selection Processes.
Position is available immediately but the actual employment start date will be negotiable and confirmed once suitable applicant is selected.
Former members of the Reg F and former or current members of the Res F in receipt of an annuity from CFSA who wish to serve on a period of continuous full time reserve service shall be subject to the annuitant reserve service policy outlined at CMP Instr 20/04 para 2.13 as well as refs I and J. CF members should consult with the Director Canadian Forces Pension Services (DCFPS) prior to making any decision or election in order to fully understand the potential implications resulting from the Res Svc.
Interested candidates must forward a copy of their current MPRR, personal resume and covering letter describing their qualifications and experience IAW the requirements listed above. Applications must include the following info if more up to date than the MPRR:
a. Current establishment/people soft position number, parent unit and UIC;
b. Date of promotion to current rank;
c. Security clearance level and date;
d. Force Fit completion date and results or date scheduled to be tested;
e. Linguistic abilities and if available testing dates;
f. Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributed to Reg or Res force service;
g. Date and category of last medical and any medical employment limitations;
h. Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc);
i. Nominees work and home phone number; and
j. Minimum two references.
Applications may also be submitted and forwarded to:
regular mail : Employment Opportunity- 442 Sqn Aircraft Technician
19 Air Reserve Flight,
19 Wing Comox
PO Box 1000 Stn Main
Lazo BC V0R 2K0
ATTN: AR Flt Comd
Fax: local 8166 Commercial 250-339-8166