Competition Closing Date: 19-JUL-2018
From: 408 Tac Hel Sqn
Subj: Class A Res Svc opportunity - 408 Tac Hel Sqn - PO BOX 10500 STN FORCES, EDMONTON, AB, T5J 4J5, CA
A. CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 - Administrative Policy of Class A, Class B and Class C Reserve Instruction
B. DAOD 5023-2 - Physical Fitness Program
C. MHRRP - Military Human Resources Records Procedures - Topic Cl A, B,C Res Service
D. CFIRP - Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program
E. CFTDTI - Canadian Forces Temporary Duty Travel Instructions
- 408 Tac Hel Sqn has a Class A for a Sgt/Sgt MOS ID/Occupation 00168-01-SUP TECH to commence on 01-JUN-2018 until 01-JUN-2021. Only personnel from the following Component/Sub-Component may apply for this position: Primary Reserve Force, Supplementary Reserve Force, Regular Force.
- Essential requirements are as fols:
- Rank: Sgt/Sgt
One rank below, eligible for immediate promotion and one rank above, willing to permanently relinquish rank. Members one rank below not eligible for immediate promotion may apply and will be considered if no suitable candidate applies.
- MOS ID: 00168-01-SUP TECH
- Language: English essential
- Security clearance: Secret
- Health: BE MED/DENT FIT
- Physical fitness: MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT
- Required experience and quals: N/A
- Position requirements for regular force annuitants permit IAW CMP instruction 20/04: Yes - Either Option (http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/policies/cf-mil-pers-instr.page (# 20/04))
- Secondary requirements of position, as applic:
- (1) QL6 qualified;
(2) familiarity with Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS);
(3) knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS);
(4) must be a self- starter, have the ability to work independently and manage deadlines; as well be highly organized with attention to detail;
(5) possess or be able to obtain a DND 404 and DDC course;
(6) demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent rapport and working relationships at all levels; and
(7) possess competent computer skills with MS office suite.
- Basic description of duties: The Supply Tech will be the lead on all supply-related matters and will assist the Procurement Officer by researching requirements and using DRMIS for processing purchases within allowable parameters IAW A-LM-007-100/AG-OO1. They will perform all duties and tasks IAW military occupational structure identification specifications, including being fully conversant and functional with DRMIS and the Defence Supply Chain (DSC) and staying current on all trade-related.
- Rations, quarters, accomodations, and/or move
- Rations and quarters are available?: NO
- Member must live in service accomodation?: NO
- Member must live on the economy.
- Move of DHG and E will be considered? NO
- Other pertinent details: If move of DHG and E is not considered for this employment opportunity, this means that the member is responsible to bear all costs associated with moving DHG and E to their new place of duty when the member is not from the local area. No travel, rations or accommodation expenses related to the move will be reimbursed. Employment offers to candidates outside the local geographic area do NOT constitute approval for reimbursement of travel and/or relocation expenses.
- Members of the Supp Res if eligible who wish to apply for this position may do
so through SUPP RES STAFF at toll free number: 1-866-558-3566, Fax number:
DND.SuppRes-ResSupp.MDN@forces.gc.ca. Members of the P Res and Reg F if eligible who wish to
apply for this position may do so through their home unit's Orderly Room. If
eligible, members of the NAVRES/RCN PRL, who wish to apply for this position,
may do so by submitting an e-mail through their chain of command before going to
the appropriate career manager for action. If selected, members of the
NAVRES/RCN PRL must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior to start
employment; this will ensure careful review of position requirements and time to
complete appropriate administrative action. If selected for an employment within
RCN, members of all Commands must receive an authorisation from NAVRESHQ prior
to start employment. All nominations must be submitted through the Monitor Mass
Reserve Employment Opportunity (REO). NOMINATIONS NOT PROCESSED THROUGH REO WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED. Nominations must include the following:
- Contact information.
- Confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributable to REG F SVC.
- Any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (personal limitations affecting service performance, etc), including comments regarding any requirements for the position that may not be up to date in HRMS (such as language profile, physical fitness or medical) since initial screening for the POSN will be based on HRMS data. Sources documents will be required.
- CL C RES SVC IPC/IC calculation report results from HRMS (for CL C RES SVC opportunities only).
- Name: WO Spiers , Wayne
- Position: 050906 - TRG COORD/TRG COORD
- Phone: 780-973-4011 x4422
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews: Only applicants considered suitable for the position will be contacted for interviews.
- Remarks: A. Slection process will be IAW ref F and the following prioritization shall be used:
(1) Applicants at rank, who meet all of the essential requirements of the position; or applicants who are eligible for promotion to the rank of the position and meet all the essential requirements of the position.
(2) Applicants at rank, who do not meet all of the essential requirements of the position; or applicants who are not eligible for promotion but meet all the essential requirements for the position.
(3) Applicants who are over the established rank of position, who meet all the essential qualifications willing to relinquish rank to the substantive rank of the position.
B. Selection through the AFO 5006-15 process does not consititute approval for promotion. Promotions must be requested and approved by the appropriate Authority.
C. Former members of the Reg Force and former or current members of the Res Force in receipt of an annuity from CFSA who wish to serve on a period of continuous full time reserve shall be subject to the Annuitant Reserve Service policy outlined a CF Mil Pers Instr 20/04 para 2.13. CF members should consult with the Director Canadian Forces Pension Services (DCFPS) prior to making any decision or election in order to fully understand the potential implications resultingfrom the Res service.
D. Interested candidates must forward a copy of their current MPRR, personal resume and cover letter, describing their quals and experience IAW requirements listed above. Submission should be made via REO program but will also be accepted via mail, email or fax to hiring OPI no later than 30 days from publishing date of the opportunity. Applications must include the following info if more up to date than the MPRR:
(1) current establishment position number, parent unit and UIC
(2) date of promotion to current rank
(3) Security Clearance level and date
(4) FORCE test completion date or date scheduled to test
(5) linguistic abilities and, if available, testing dates
(6) confirmation of whether or not member is in receipt of a pension under the CFSA attributed to Reg F or Res F service
(7) date and category of last Medical and any Medical Employment limitations
(8) cover leter describing member's quals and experience IAW requirements listed above
(9) any other pertinent info that should be considered by the employer (ersonal limitations affecting service performance, etc)
(10) nominees work and hoe phione numbers
(11) minimum two references
E. FOR MORE INFO INCLUDING A COPY OF THE TOA CONTACT, WO SPIERS, AT 780-973-4011 EXT 4422 (CSN 528-4422), or email@example.com.